1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Get some Josh!!

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

that might lop off the back 10-15 qualifiers

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Does your team owner know you frequent this place?

I guess you will be celibate until post-Daytona. After all, the team owner's got her hands full of things to do! Must focus on priorities!

Oh, and good luck and be safe!

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

I didnt see that post above mine. LOL

G 97 likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nice JH4

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

Welcome to the BBS!

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, you did eat beans last night. LOL.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not last night but I do have a batch of chicken chili in the fridge and freezer - ooh and some more bean soup in the freezer too :D

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

While the track is getting better surface wise it is still very tough on tires and that's one of the many reasons it's not happening.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Looks like Dunlop is going to re claim the top step this year. :)

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I wouldn’t count those chickens just yet. Many times the best rider has not won at Daytona. It is all too common for something to go wrong in a pit stop or have mechanical issue with the bike.

Even a team as professional as Graves had a barbecued R6 if I recall correctly.

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

You don’t say. :D:crackup:

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I stopped caring after all of his homophobic comments on his FB page.

Plus, who is going to build his motor... :crackup:

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t know anything about that. I do know Jason quite well and I’ve never heard him utter anything remotely to be considered as homophobic.

AC1108 likes this.
  16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Good to see Josh in the mix!

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Wonder if there will be any team orders between the riders....well, other than always stay upwind of Mongo.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can you qualify "the best"?? I mean yeah its a "Who's who" of famous and not so riders, crews, & chiefs. To say "the best rider" has not won is insulting to say the least. All I can say is "bring it" on Saturday, March 16 between 1pm & 4pm. :D
    Should be about 65 or more deserving racers on the grid. Hopefully there are ZERO red flags so we can see a full green race!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You missed my point. I am just saying it takes a great team and possibly a bit of luck to win. The best rider doesn’t always win because sometimes they have issues that are absolutely no fault of their own. That is just the way it goes in a 200 mile race.

It takes an top tier rider for sure, but it takes more than that. It takes the best team to win and even then sometimes luck takes them out. The rider is an important part of the team, but ever Marquez couldn’t win on a clapped out CBR600 with an amateur pit crew. I am not sure why stating that obvious reality is insulting.

20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

So the Daytona 200 is a Mediumweight Senior Superbike (Formula 40) race now?

LOL!