1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 5, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Then listen to the Bongino pod cast on your way home. The guy is pretty entertaining and he keeps close tabs on the spygate revelations.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I listen to Dan every day. Entertaining and informative, especially with regards to the Russian B.S. I also appreciate he vets his stories before he runs with them. Been listening for at least a year and he hasn't had to walk back a story yet, and he would if he were wrong on one.
    Good dude it seems.

XFBO and kangasj like this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I just read the speech. I liked it. Reminds me of the quote by Truman: it's amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. I realize that OMB makes it very difficult, but Harry's fellow Democrats would be wise to at least consider his words.

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

lol He got bashed because it took so fucking long for someone that is so "pro troops".

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You sound like my wife, and not in a good way.

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Whatever dude. The guy could cure cancer and your narrative would be "Trump's actions put doctors out of work."
    We get it. You hate him.
    Orange Man bad...

badmoon692008, Rebel635, drop and 4 others like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The people who bashed him bash him for anything and everything he does or doesn't do.
    It's all in the TDS.
    My guess is that the troops were happier with the money he spent on
    them and allowing them to actually kill the enemy.

Priorities matter.

10. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Looks like he's finally going to Vietnam after all.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This is the typical Liberal strategy. The moving target. No matter what passes for being “Right” in their eyes will not make them happy. They immediately change their mark of success.

Clinton and Obama advocated for a Southern Border Wall. Now it’s immoral? Make up your damn minds. It’s not about right or wrong. It’s about disagreeing just to disagree for Libtards.

kangasj likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm NOT a fan of hers but as you described her, she sounds exactly like the women in white last night, except for the self serving pats on their own backs, on women in Congress bit.

LOL......Why so YOU, and your ilk, could have belly ached about the enormous costs of travel to go see them too? :crackup:

Not to be mean but, you guys are worse than a scorned chic.

That speech last night was one of, if not, the best SOTU in my lifetime. Very proud of him being mature enough to stay on point without the child-like insults he gets caught up on, on twitter. I can't recall ONE subject that was not a fair topic that both sides can't be on board on. Most of his talking points seemed to be subjects that ALL Americans should be on board with, ie. lower Rx, increased border security benefits us ALL (side note- I LOVED when he drew a comparison to elite wealthy people/liberals ALL living behind walls/fences w/ armed security), more jobs, booming economy, the desire to help ALL Americans. The most touchy subject may have been the abortion thing and IMHO, the white coats looked bad....the NY and Va thing on that subject only makes them look even worse.

One thing that echoed AGAIN, for me last night, is that I despise the LWN MSM. They're f'ing nuts, how they LIE so comfortably is beyond comprehension, and they're doing a great job fooling their masses, it's all by design too. I don't know if laws exist already on MSM pushing falsehoods but if not, Legislators ought a be looking into doing exactly that so we can start holding them accountable when proven wrong. A simple lawsuit won't cut it because of all the wealthy Liberals (Soro types) who'd happily help fund those lawsuits so long as they keep lying.

The Democrat response was a JOKE, she offered nothing of substance and fabricated her take on the economy.

IMHO, we're living in very dangerous political times. You can't dismiss how volatile political times are right now, and they (Dems) have all the big guns in their corner (Hollywood, morning AND nightly talk shows, the MSM, huge companies who's job it is to reach out to people, like Nike, ESPN, Starbucks, etc...). They've BEEN succeeding pushing false narratives for years now and the common folk who do NOT vet their false narratives are believing them, folks, these people VOTE just like you and I do.....some scary shit. Anyone who thinks the 2020 election is in the bag for DJT, hasn't really been paying attention on how volatile this domestic war on Republicans have been.....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Potts N Pans, Ducti89, MikeR and 2 others like this.
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

He got bashed for not going for Christmas ... while he was already in Iraq. Then, since that didn’t land, they switched to bashing him for signing hats and such that the troops brought and asked him to sign. But way to stick to the proper LWN talking points. Good to see you’re not a puppet.

BHP41 and XFBO like this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Because Clinton and Obama were there too every week.

Clinton was busy bending Monica over his desk. Obama was busy doing his March Madness bracket.

15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Are you around anyone in the military ever? I am- every day. I have yet to meet anyone actively serving that badmouths what he is doing with the military. I’m pretty sure nothing he does with the military will be viewed in a favorable light, except by those who are actually serving. Btw the troops don’t want any higher ups “coming to visit” because it’s a huge pain in the ass.

Potts N Pans, scottn and XFBO like this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

:stupid:

That about says it.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hey, they're like chicks with dicks...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Spent two years as CIC, even on the golf course. But wait, he did go visit troops didn't he, and got shit for doing it too. Huh. That's some freaky stuff.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought it was just a celebration of the centennial of them getting to vote not a protest of current perceived issues. If it was a protest then the women who are in some of the highest positions of power in the entire country are idiots.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow.