1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 5, 2019.

1. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

It's just kinda ironic you know. He doesn't really have a track record for appreciating military service, or those who serve. Whatever gets him a clap is good enough to come out of his mouth.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

She's a far right loon. I agree with some of her talking points, but she's extreme and I'm basically against that in either direction. In her defense, she predicted Trump would win the nomination and stated he had the best chance to ultimately be elected early on when the field was 16 deep. That was on MSNBC or some other lefty network and the 4 other panelist openly laughed in her face.
    Joke's on them!
    I sorta veiw her as political comedy of sorts. Like a right wing Bill Mauer.

K51000 and rd400racer like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, I could swear I've heard him praising (sucking up to) the military all along. I'm sure it's in large part self serving since it's all about him but he is consistent with it.

Fencer, StaccatoFan and stk0308 like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What! You mean you don't like La Villa Strangiato and Closer to the Heart? Blasphemy that is.

I can't stand Limbaugh either.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Red Barchetta bishes! :D

6. jamilrahman

Why? Can't handle a different opinion?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is it s a real opinion or are you just looking for attention?

8. jamilrahman

It's a real opinion. Just as real as everyone else's.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seems he has done more to remove troops from harm than his two immediate predecessors. Kinda ironic you haven't noticed that.

brex and jrsamples like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, just doesn't seem like it since the facts don't back up your reasoning as to why you feel that way. If it's truly the way you feel then so be it.

Fencer likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I find it interesting he keeps getting bitched about for bringing more troops home by the same people who bitched about too many troops overseas.

Potts N Pans, G2G and stk0308 like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you are one of the "Bonespurs" army, damn near everyone that was of draft age in the late 60s early 70s was trying to avoid military service in SE Asia.

13. jamilrahman

Exactly, I don't think sucking up to something for selfish reasons is a characteristic of the heros he talked about.
    Hearing him go on and on about valor and sleeplessness... I was just .... I can't!

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If a community organizer can read from a teleprompter real pretty and with finesse it can get him elected president.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I agree it is self serving, he is a politician. He hasn't served so he'll never be able to truly understand. I haven't either but I know for a fact I truly appreciate those who have especially those on the pointy end. I can understand their sacrifice and what they've gone through to a large extent even if I can't do so 100% because I haven't been there. I'd rather he give a speech trying to put across to the general public those sacrifices than not do so even if is reasoning for doing so is suspect. It is better by such a huge amount it's not funny compared to how it used to be but people still need reminders of what those who serve do for us.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Did you find a good safe space?

BHP41, StaccatoFan, drop and 2 others like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And then he accomplishes nothing :D

FWIW - it has his name but I truly blame the ACA on Congress.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Corpse men are my heros.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

It`s not about him.

I , along with I think many others, appreciate the service of all the men who served. Seeing the WWII vet there with the reminder of what they went through to keep us free, was really inspiring and humbling, IMO.

Whether Trump really cares is irrelevant to those mens` accomplishments. It`s a reminder of how off course we are becoming also.

I loved seeing it.

Or we could have watched another display of community organizing and social justice warriors.

I pick the former.

Fencer, StaccatoFan, XFBO and 5 others like this.
  20. jamilrahman

Really? No facts?
    Let's see.
    Didn't serve himself. (Did however claim that he would run into a fire fight to save the day)
    No history of service in his immediate family.
    Bashed actual war heroes that did serve.
    Picked a fight with the parent of a solider who lost his life serving.
    Despite his wealth and fame, no record of him appreciating service members prior to running for office.

I think I have some premises to draw a conclusion.

code3ryder likes this.