1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F*(K #@$*)(# OBAMACARE!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Clay, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This is insane. It just gets worse every year. I have "insurance" through my company, a global 500. My children have had 2 doctors visits. One had to go to the ER. It was 10pm at night, nothing else open. Saw a doc for MAYBE 15 mins total, no tests of any kind. Didn't fix a damn thing. We're doing our best to "google doctor" his issues and take care of them the best we can. We can't afford anymore doctors (been to 3 now) and bullshit prescriptions. So get this, that 15 mins cost us almost 1400 dollars, after insurance ponied up 140 bucks. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I already talked to the people at the hospital about the insane bill. Sorry, your only options are a payment plan or apply for financial assistance. I'm middle class, so financial assistance is a hilarious option because I'm not on govt assistance. Incident number 2, take the other kid to a sports clinic and doesn't even see a doctor, sees a PA. No tests of any kind, xrays, MRI, etc etc. Just 15 mins talking to a PA. After insurance the bill is over 300 dollars. WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!

I know the liberals will say it's not Obama's fault, somehow greedy capitalism. I know this much, before Obama I paid HALF of what I pay for insurance now. ER visits were 45 bucks. My wife had TWO surgeries, one fairly major, and I didn't pay one damn cent. 0 deductible insurance... again, for HALF of what I pay now for shit insurance. Nothing and no one has ever absolutely crushed me like Obama has. For all those poor people that go do the doctor for free, you're welcome. I can no longer even afford "Urgent Care" visits. Those cost 200.

Sorry for the rant, it's usually not me. I'm just livid right now.

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I'm paying more for a bone contusion in my hand than I did for surgery on a broken arm.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Evelyne wonders why I just don't go...

cav115 likes this.
  4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You've been liberaled. "Let the government manage it" is their philosophy. They never screw up anything.

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Here's the simple truth. The political class wants all your money. The word "Tax" is about as user friendly as "sodomy" so they devised new ways to steal your money. One was nationalized health care. The other is climate change.
    Your job is to push back. Any candidate that is for any of the above mentioned ideas, vote against. It's really all you can do.
    Anyone who thinks the government being involved in any industry whatsoever and it's going to lower costs and/or increase productivity is a complete fucking moron.
    They steal your money and waste it. Period.

tony 340, bacolmm, VFR#52 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmm, no. In this case even going the Canadia UK route would be better. The government isn't managing this, they're letting the health insurance companies do it but forcing them to take on clients that the rest of us have to pay for.

BigBird, cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. Spang308

That was government mandated.
    Now you're just being argumentative. Tom Brady would run the best health care program ever! :bow:

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is a huge difference between government mandated and government run. I also don't think it's a liberal thing, I think it's a bought and paid for by the insurance companies and health care lobby thing.

ducnut and rd400racer like this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...they are the only ones benefitting from Obummercare.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Hmmm...that doesn't sound like saving $2500 a year. But perhaps badmoon will say that we took that out of context.

11. Spang308

Oh I agree, but has health care costs and correspondingly, health insurance premiums gone up or down since Obama got his mitts on it?
    Big pharma and large corporate healthcare providers seem to be the beneficiaries on the backs of the average citizen whose choice was taken away from them...by the government that had no business getting involved in a system that may have been flawed, but wasn't broken.

bacolmm and VFR#52 like this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The more middle men they put into the equation, the better they like it. Everyone gets someone to blame, plus they all get their cut of the pie. Medical insurance should be for catastrophic issues only. What is the purpose of dental insurance? Same goes for eyeglasses. Total bullsh*t. Who could possibly think that putting an insurance co (or the government) between you and you optometrist would reduce the cost of your glasses?

K51000 likes this.
  13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Sound like you have crappy insurance through your company which has little to do with Obama or healthcare on the exchange which has gone down in cost for some this year.

cpettit likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nowhere am I saying it's not in large part the fault of the government. It absolutely is, they allowed the rest to buy them off.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It has? Well where the hell is my refund or even my copay for doc and scrips?

cav115 likes this.
  16. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Well, we definitely have you beat in this instance. Our healthcare system isn't perfect, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than $1400 for a 15min ER visit.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Its pretty crazy. When I moved to the US in 2006 I found the US health care system to be extremely good. After the "affordable care" :rolleyes: act we now have a medistop on almost every corner, wait times are longer and and costs have skyrocketed. From my perspective everything that the government has done between when I moved and now has been a step in the wrong direction.

VFR#52, sheepofblue and K51000 like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The people getting subsidies love Obamacare.
    Why wouldn't they?

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....