1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the fz 750'S

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wonderinwhy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

if the motor is done like the rest of the bike thats a 20,000 motorcycle

2. wonderinwhy

im wonderin if any of your matching yammis are a yellow rz350

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No RZ,but an air-cooled rd350 plus my fzr400, fzr400/600, stock fzr600,and '99 R6. All with the yellow and black KR scheme.

4. wonderinwhy

my first year of raceing was on an rz 350, it got me two automatic first row grid positions at the october race of champions at daytona. raced that and the 750 for a while in 2nd yr. but than sold the 350 to focus on the 750. sold to a guy from wisconson while at blackhawk. would sure love to buy that bike back

SpeedyE and yamageezer like this.
  5. wonderinwhy

sounds your a King Kenny fan. do you remember the Cycle News newspaper ? im lookin at the "jan 2000" issue. got a rider of the century king kenny story/history , on the cover is kenny standing between his tz 750 dirt tracker and his gp 500 machine. along with other brakethroughs, he coined the term "rolling apex"

6. britx303

Yup,king kennys cool........and the paint scheme is just about the the damned sexiest thing to do to any yamaha:D

7. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Agreed NCB 04-22-2018.jpg

JBall and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

How come I ain't seen this bike??:D

9. britx303

And you still got the 88-89 frontend on there. I pretzeled mine up a few years back in a morning GT after a rainy night before left the track in less than fun conditions, coming through T4 on summit main.

10. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

You have noticed young man that the “other” club Vintage classes have rule changes and you can now use USD forks?

11. britx303

HEY GRADY!! PM your number so I can get ahold of you. I still have your warmers for the R6,but I left my job in october and had to turn in that phone with the number you have. But I havent seen the rulebook yet. The R6 is well setup as is,and I dont see the need for USD forks........especially on any of the FZRs too. I beat Diaz and Bonner back in september with standard forks.........so HOORAY for ME!!:D

12. grady anderson

703-966-7731
    And congrats!

13. britx303

Thats not a "private message":D

14. britx303

Text sent so we dont clog up the FZ750 thread:D

15. grady anderson

On topic then. I had an 85 red/silver FZ750
    Back in the day. Sweet bikes.
    And the KR yellow black is a nice touch though as you know I went with the red white on my current FZR400
    I’m using my phone so public message was easier than a PM
    No sweat on the warmers. I shouldn’t need them until mid March

16. britx303

I found a beater fz700 on the eastern shore,but I just picked up another fzr600 yesterday,so im out for now. Are you headed for daytona mid-march?

17. Gimmie Mo

Gimmie Mo I screw things up daily..

Would like to have an FZ myself...

18. grady anderson

Maybe.

19. britx303

Its just a little over a month away.We are pondering heading back down...........winters dragging on a bit too long and getting itchy to ride the r6 again:D

20. wonderinwhy

20190206_180029.jpg I dug this out finally, she's an 86 fz750, cant seem to load more than 3 pics. Put her away in earlie 88. Has ohlins on rear, eribachie springs front, brembo calipars & discs, kerker full exhaust/w dynojet kit. Just picked up a new battery to bring her back to life. Gota sell to help finance marriage reconstruction after purchasing an r6. If theres any intrist, let me know, than we can talk about how much a marriage is worth. Has alittle over one season of raceing on motor. If it has 2000 miles on it, it certinally dosent have 2500 miles.

Attached Files: