1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Like the polished center but it shows scratches.

2. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Deepsea and SeaDweller do not have a cyclops.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

The latest 43mm Sea Dweller does have a cyclops - to much dismay from the traditionalist crowd...

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I see that- dismayed indeed!

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You can also check Bob's Watches. They have a good selection across all lines.
    https://www.bobswatches.com/

6. Supergirl

Supergirl Well-Known Member

The new SD43 actually has cyclops. The DeepSea does not. The SD4K is discontinued.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm getting all itchy and twitchy again. Checking out the IWC and Rolex websites again and seeing what Tag F1s are going for. It's getting to be time. :D

Showed Sam some photos and whatever last night. "Yeah, so, don't you have one of those already? Plus you don't need to spend the money."
    "Well, I'd get it from the dealer in PR and. . ."
    "You'd fly to PR for a watch but hate driving 5 miles to the maul?"
    "aaaaannnnnddddd you and the kid could come with and sit on the beach and. . "
    "Which one you looking at again? I like that one."
    :crackup:

Phl218 and ChemGuy like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

SO what youre saying is...add like 3-4K to whatever the watch costs so you can take a vacation to go buy it.

Totally good with that logic...

Supergirl and Jedb like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

quit f@cking with my scam, dingus! She might read this. :D

Supergirl likes this.
  10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Can you get a stainless sports Rolex in PR?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Probably but to be honest, I never looked.

12. SteveThompson

I've checked in a few places around the world as I have traveled recently and it seems like everywhere is the same as here... waiting lists only.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What are you looking for? a new pepsi gmt?

14. SteveThompson

Hell yes.

But I wouldn't turn down a Sea Dweller or a Hulk Sub.

<Edit> Or a stainless Daytona... obviously.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The pepsi is going to be sold out and waitlisted for the next 2 to 3 years until they lose a bit of the desirability. Then they will release it on the standard bracelet and *BOOM* right back to waitlists.

Sea Dweelers were common enough, are they now rare? o_O

16. SteveThompson

Yeah. It was a pretty obvious scheme when they released that watch on the jubilee bracelet first.

I think I could get a Sea Dweller in about 6 months from my dealer. I haven't seen one in a cabinet at a store in about a year. The strong economy/strong stock market has translated well for Rolex.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sea Dwellers and Deep Seas used to be as common as Subs at the ADs but yeah, I guess things change.

Milgauses used to have a list, last I checked they were sitting in the case gathering dust.

You ever see a pepsi Tudor? Selling as fast as I thought they would? Haven't looked for one.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  18. SteveThompson

I have the Pepsi Tudor. There is a picture of it somewhere in this thread. I LOVE it. I probably wear it more than any other watch at the moment. Mine is on the leather strap. As far as bang for the buck, I don't think that watch can be beat.

My AD said he is sold out for about 2 years. I think I only got one because I texted him the day they announced it at Basel. I've been in a few dealers since then and I have never seen one in the case.

Hawk518 likes this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I looked for the GMTs in
    Reykjavik & Kefflavik
    London - Heathrow
    Berlin - Tegel
    Sydney
    Brisbane
    Auckland

They all had every single Tudor except the GMTs. Backorder or waitlisted or un0btanium.

Even Jomashop is only offering $5 off.
    On watchuseek, the used ones are getting higher than list and gone within 24hrs.

20. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Add Paris, Rome and Florence to that list (at least as of this fall).