1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This bike makes me want to do stupid things

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 31, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Jon Wilkens, ZimZam and cha0s#242 like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

motion and yamageezer like this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'd so do that trip. I read about some agencies renting those to do these trips in Northern India and they are like $7000, so buying a bike for $2600 and winging it solo seems like a good plan...

motion likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Wait...you can buy a brand new one in India for $2600 US...Fuck, that sounds awesome.

Google maps....new dehli to kathmandu to dahka to mandalay to bangkok....4500km...thats doable in a couple weeks..

Damn you....

motion likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Royal Enfield..........."Loud valves save lives". Royal Enfield.........turning ordinary men into motorcycle mechanics since 1901. Royal Enfield.....made o'tin,ride 'em out push 'em in. Come on....wheres my fellow enfield owners? :D Although Guy seemed like he had a good time in india with one.

motion, K51000 and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's a British one-lunger...are you nuckin' futz or what? :Poke: Do they have Lucas electrics?
    (Former BSA Victor owner here.) Good luck to you at the top of the world.

britx303 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, are you f@ckin' high?!?! Nothing in India is easy, least of all driving/ riding there.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

There's a girl riding one solo around the world right now. You can find her vids on Youtube.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Corrected for accuracy.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL, these things are dump trucks. You can probably find a mechanic every 20' to work on one in that part of the world.

11. britx303

Thats because every 20' there's an Enfield owner.........:D

motoboy likes this.
  12. Sabre699

An option that need be checked out. ;)

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't they offer a diesel single at some point?

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And you were giving me crap about the Guzzi:D

15. britx303

Boyer upgrade on mine.F&%$ points:D

16. Sabre699

:crackup: Always with the tiny needle-nose pliers lining up the faces properly to avoid burning the fuckers.

17. britx303

Gotta go back and check through my stack of "bullet-in" mags.....but I do remember reading about a diesel.

18. britx303

Last time I was at a RE get together,a RE shop mechanic put it best as far as the old bullets go........."Its the coolest looking piece of brand new sh*t you can buy".......:D disclaimer: I have ZERO experience with the clean-burn engine that came out 10+/- years ago,so things may be better for the new stuff.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You can probably MacGyver some piston rings out of old Coke cans in those things.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Guzzis are cool as f@ck. I had a Daytona and it was fun enough and looked cool even if it was at least 16 feet long and impossible to wheelie. :D

Got it for a song. Well, traded an 851 for it and a wheel barrow full of cash from a suck. . . er, moto guzzi dealer. :D

SpeedyE and rd400racer like this.