1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20% off on ebay today for those interested

Discussion in 'General' started by geoff--9, Mar 9, 2018.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The comments here are a pretty good indicator as to why my sales have absolutely cratered since they started this discount coupon code bullshit. :mad:

BigBird likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, i cannot imagine why they would let this intern's idea go mainstream for their platform...

they not only shot themselves in the foot, but also into both feet of all their vendors

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I continue to purchase "important" items regardless of the coupon status, but I can see how some would hold out for the coupon to purchase the higher value "luxury" items. It would have been nice to save $20 or so, but that didn't stop me from buying a bunch of stuff.

However, I did have a glitch that would have been painful if I was looking to use the coupon: I tried to "checkout," and got an error page that said, basically, "the checkout feature isn't working, check back later." So I tried a bunch more times, tried the app on my tablet; no dice. I tried from my work computer the next day, same problem. It wasn't until I started purchasing each item individually that the error was cleared. So, I would have saved maybe $10 once I got the error resolved instead of $20 with the full cart. Oh well. Still bought a bunch of junk.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

but does it lead to more sales when there are codes than previously say per time period?

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope I've got watchers but no one buys when there's coupons

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The 15-20% discounts get me to buy stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise (or not anytime soon) more than they cause me to wait to buy something I was going to buy anyway. If I need it or really want it, I buy either way.

ineedanap, pscook, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Have there been any discounts in 2019?
    I have a few things in my watch list also waiting for a 20% off deal

8. Tristan

12/28/18 was the last one I saw

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Since you sound like you're on top of it, can you let us know when you see the next promotion. :D

ineedanap, BigBird, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup:

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Valentines gifts for the wives

Attached Files:

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

good one on the app today til 10 pm ET/7 PT

15% off, up to $100 (note: buy things up to $666.67 to maximize coupon)

PSAVETODAY

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    j cal and sbk25 like this.
  13. sbk25

sbk25 Active Member

^thank you, sir!

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

remember one time use, but you can fill up the cart from various vendors in that one order

15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Including the Tipke Folldit

16. Tristan

'bout damn time!

BigBird likes this.
  17. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up BigBird! Picked up a brake master I was eying and this discount put me over the top.

BigBird likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sweet, thanks! I scored $185 off of my orders today using 2 accounts.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

@BigBird how are you finding these? I have the ap as well but they don't seem to 'pop up' for me. Missed out on that last one and I'd like to not have to rely on this thread. You could get distracted by a minivan circle jerk or some shit.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

well you jerking to something since you don't see these :p

Seriously though, I just check ebay for random things, right now I was looking for a basement TV. That coupon popped up on the website first, then I got a notification later in the day through the app.

Websites like slickdeals.net also show the code when they pop up if you check there frequently. as soon as I see them, I just try to share the codes . No secret method really.