1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the fz 750'S

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wonderinwhy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

found this forum a month ago, this is a dangerous place. i ended up purchasing a r6. i walked away from the track in 1988, put the fz in the garage and did the marriage, kid, dog thing. now, in order to preserve the marriage thing i need to come up with a good story and maybe some money before i tell my favorate wife about OUR latest purchase. the only thing of value i have after 28 yrs of marriage is my 86 fz 750. i looked around hear and didnt see any. that means i either have a rare machine or an old garage space taker upper. so. im fishin now to see if there is any intrist in this fine machine. wada think ?

2. wonderinwhy

i know your laughing now eric. i'll be talkin with you again soon

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I have three. Well, two and a half. Does yours have any kit parts or good race parts on it?

4. wonderinwhy

no yamaha kit stuff, put an ohlins on the back, eribacchi (spell what) springs in front. dynojet kit & kerker full exhaust to breath better. brembo rotors/calipers. not to toot my own horn, ......ok i will. i used it to snagg the inagural 100 mile endurance series in the midwest region with ccs in gto class. they didnt have any trophys for regionsl championships that first yr. the midwest director was Gorden Lunde. he was an incredible artist . he made an incredible drawing and framed it for the new endurance series champs and presented them. thats still my favorate

5. wonderinwhy

those are the lost years when that ass Rodger Edmonson was running the series. in spite of edmonson Gorden made ccs in the midwest a great series to race. God only made one Gorden Lunde and we were lucky to have him running the midwest

6. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Right on, sounds like good times! Would love to see some photos of the bike at some point.

7. wonderinwhy

ya i tried that, i went downstairs, dug up the old pictures, i fed them into that little tray thing on my computer...oohhh man, that little tray snaped shut,sucked my pictures in and now theres a realy weird smell coming outa my computer. im gona half to dig the bike out, blow off the rust inhibiter and make new pictures. i will have my son help me next time. im in the middle of something thats gona keep me busy for another week, than i can come up for air and get to that. btw yamageezer, in that member picture, is that you on one wheel or the guy testing the Bates ???

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mike Burns....

9. wonderinwhy

LaGrange Park ?

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I want one like this.............[​IMG]

ToofPic and SpeedyE like this.
  11. wonderinwhy

That is a sharp lookin machine, mine could get u 3/4 ways towards that. You would need to get urself a qualified painter, dry clutch, and the solo seat section. Im a few days from getting pictures, and someone to send them. The bike is packed in the back along side of the MG.

12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Had an '85 put my deposit down on it three months before it hit the dealer floor. I'd love to vintage race one. Loved that bike!

13. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I have mine. Just a different color.

Attached Files:

SpeedyE, britx303 and Kev59 like this.
  14. britx303

Beeyootahfool! Why aren't you racing that thing?!

15. wonderinwhy

all right britx303, knock it off, i know what your try'in to do. im not just any idiot. two weeks ago i was watchin r6's fly through this forum, realizing it was gona cost me alot more to get back on the track than i thought. so i moved a few things to put an eye on the fz. i says to myself....all ya gota do is tear it down, clean it up, put some new juices in it, get some fingerpaint and make it look prety. the whole bike only has 1 1/2 seasons of raceing on it, so the motor should be good. than along came hanshaw, i got a jump on it, pulled the trigger , now what.....she is gona kill me or leave...hhmmmm ?? i know what i used to be able to do on that fz......"i coulda been somebody"..lol...i went back to the seane of the crime last summer and saw something on the track that i left there in "88". this r6 will feel light years ahead of my fz. i gota do this with a bike that has more than what i got, to see if i got anything left. something happened to me on that fz that brought me to where i am now,( its not what your thinkin). the fz 750 has done what it was soposto do. im wonderin if the fz has to move on to someone els to see if she has anything left to do.

16. wonderinwhy

you guys are killin me with those beautiful pictures. .... and BTW britx, why do you hate hippies ? your reminding me of that movie Easy Rider

17. britx303

Why would anyone NOT hate hippies is the better question...........:D But Lets keep dungeony questions in the dungeon,and babble more about FZs. I never had an FZ,but its on the bucket list of bikes to race. Always raced FZR400s and 600s,but got in a couple rounds on a 1st gen R6 this past season...........LOVELY progression from FZRs. Still would love to run a well setup fz750 for a season for sh*ts and giggles eventually.

18. britx303

This one matches with all my other yammis better,but nope not mine...............[​IMG]

SpeedyE, Kyle Brosius and rd400racer like this.
  19. wonderinwhy

you keep posting pictures like that and you wont get a chance to buy mine. where did you see that machine, that is the best lookin one i have ever seen.

20. wonderinwhy

love that tail section & the rotors