1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right and wrong???? - AZ 14 year old car thief shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You asked a question. This should point you to at least some semblance of a reason.
    Actually, he's retired at 50 y.o. on a fat pension. Now he sits behind his computer wondering whether he should lock the Caps key or if his exclamation point is starting to stick. I've never seen anything gray whatsoever in any of his posts.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

My reasons are well defined. So now answer my question.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If there was a question directed at me (other than the earlier rhetorical one that I at least tried to answer -- everyone is different, but the principles of empathy are relatively straightforward) it was stealthy to a point of omission.

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

We’re almost there! That statement is exactly what we’re talking about here!
    A police officer did his job, and a great percentage of the population is condemning him for it. Ignore the fact that the criminal was 14. Ignore the fact that the gun was fake. Ignore the possibility that a stolen cell phone was the only crime that had, or was going to, take place that day. The officer knew none of those things. What he did know was that he’d just encountered an armed male during the commission of a crime, who, when ordered to stop, and drop the weapon, ran. The officer had only two choices: stop the individual, or let an armed criminal go. So, which would you choose, knowing only what the officer knew? All of the possible scenarios of letting him run have already been discussed.

XFBO likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Fair enough.

The principles of empathy are not straight forward. If they were, people like jase wouldn't give more of it to criminals than the victims. People like jase want to try and sit atop a moral high ground and look down at us plebs because he thinks we believe thieves deserve a death penalty. The reality is I don't think anyone here believes that (except motorcycle thieves?), but when you combine theft, with running from the cops while holding a gun, the answer is rather clear. The criminal got what he earned. I feel bad for the family, I feel worse for the cop who has to live with this, I give two shits about the kid. If that makes me an asshole, so be it.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

It seems your problem is you think the cop had more of a right to shoot the kid running away than joe blow witnessing the same thing would. He doesnt. He does have the authority to try and apprehend the suspect. That is it. When he arrived he didnt know what the kid was doing in the truck, why the truck was parked there or anytjing else. He assumed the kid had a weapon with out knowing for sure. At that point he didnt know the kid wasnt the guy who parked the truck theres kid or anything else about the situation.
    Second, you keep saying the suspect was armed when it is pretty fucking clear he wasnt.
    Honestly any officer with a pussified attitude such as yours has no business being a cop. If they can’t walk into a situation without being fearful for their life than they have no business wearing a badge or having a gun on their hip.

badmoon692008 and cpettit like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You discerned all this from that video? Amazing.

cav115 likes this.
  8. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

You’re not fucking serious. Are you...

cav115 likes this.
  9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

CNN approves of this post.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I suppose you should tell that to the cops here in the Atl area who have been killed in the last few months on "Routine Traffic Stops"...Shot Dead.

You have any Cop Friends? You should link them to this thread...

cav115 likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sigh....

No where will you be able to quote me even remotely hinting at that BS remark>>>, "Your own attitude that a responsible citizen does not deserve to have an opinion on the use of deadly force".....No where. Also, I'm supposed to welcome your take on an incident, right or wrong, and what I should stay silent on it? Please. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of folks in here who don't seem to struggle processing the known facts of the incident and without emotion but they're referred to as "boot lickers" because they're not FTP types on every single incident. But I'm the problem? LOL!

I wasn't going to reply at all to you but I'm actually feeling bad for you. You seem to have this infatuation of wanting to compare police duties/abilities to the "Joe Blow's"......not once did I bring that up and I won't cuz we're having a tough time already staying on his subject.

You seem to be having a huge problem processing the facts of the case, the video and audio. Others have broke it down so that a 10yo could understand but yet you keep making shit up so I'm not going to bother going over the details AGAIN cuz it will just fall on deaf ears.........AGAIN.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey now - at that point I could click off an 11 minute mile at least twice a year :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the pie is good it doesn't need whipped cream.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The theft has nothing to do with the death. Brandishing a weapon while being ordered to drop it by a cop is what caused him to be shot.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You get a thrill from seeing dead bodies? I sure as hell don't need to see more than I have. Dreams happen often enough without shit on TV setting them off.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, not what most are saying. I said he's a dead criminal who was brandishing a weapon and that is why he's dead - deserve is an entirely different conversation but push come to shove yes, he deserved it based on the choices he made. Sucks he was stupid enough to make multiple bad choices all in a row.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have empathy - for the cop first and foremost for being forced to shoot the bad guy. For the kid because his parents fucked up raising him. For the fucked up parents because their bad job is causing then tremendous pain. For the tax payers who will have to pay for the parents windfall when they sue the city and the cop. Lots of empathy happening. Doesn't change that I don't find the cop at fault for his actions in response to the bad guys actions.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet once more because you keep flat out ignoring it - the theft isn't why he was shot.

cav115 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once, pack of gum at maybe 5-6 years old. Not sure if I was actively trying to steal or just wanted gum and didn't know it had to be paid for. Got my ass beat for it. Never again. Sure as hell never rifled through someone elses vehicle. Never ran from cops while holding a gun. And consequently never been shot by cops.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You seem to think the only imminent threat can be to the officer as he sees the bad guy. There is a threat the public. There is a threat immediately to the officer if he loses sight of the bad guy even for a second. It doesn't take long to turn and fire. The threat was real, the officer responded to the threat properly.