1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip Island - Island Classic 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

any place to watch it

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Hell yeah! Hayes, Pridmore, Rapp, Quarterly, Mark Miller and Pegram, that is a stacked team. I like it.

motion likes this.
  4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

How the hell have I never heard of this before? Hopefully we can figure out a way to watch it.

Could BeIn stream it live on YouTube?

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I took a look at the organizers page...no mention of video, and the You Tube results were pretty thin. There’s a Motopod correspondent that gets a couple hours of interviews each year.

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

From the article:

In a first for the International Challenge, the 2019 event will be filmed and post-produced into a two-hour television program set to be broadcast around the globe. Screen agreements have been reached with networks in Europe, UK, America, Asia, New Zealand and Australia. Locally, the event will be screened on Fox Sports and SBS, later in February.

ajcjr likes this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Longtime D&D Cycles sponsored rider and WERA lifetime member Tim joyce is also there racing the classic stuff on a Norton Manx.

Steeltoe and Canadian Bacon like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Pridmore is going to call in from there for his podcast with GW so he should have some interesting tidbits to talk about.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  9. Sucks no team UK this year, they must’ve heard that we were bringing a bit more depth to our team :). This events getting better and better. The quality of a lot of the bikes are top notch and then some.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Riding FJ1100's.....The "velvet sledgehammer" :)

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's some serious talent and machinery. I'd love to see that and will be on the lookout for the footage.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

There's always been a pretty decent group of Americans. The guy who runs the uscra always took a big contingent.

Weren't you asking about an xr to buy last year? Looks like team obsolete is coming off a couple more. He even has an unstarted original xr750 dirt tracker. Look for thier Instagram.

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Oof, I just checked the weather for this weekend in Melbourne. Whoever's racing Friday is going to be enjoying 105 degree heat. Those aforementioned FJ's just loooooooove the heat.

Saturday and Sunday it should be nice, with highs of 75 each day. Sounds like a blast!

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Naw not me. There was a dude looking for one but don’t know what became of it.

I don’t have the coin to own and maintain one of them. And I like riding my bikes

joec likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they dealt with the inadequate stock oil cooler. Even with a good cooler though 105 is gonna be 130 on the track and at full tilt to boot. That's tough on any air cooled engine.

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Go Tim Go!....I always liked that guy.

I guess he is back 100% after some health issues......???

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Carl Cox has some incredible machinery in his stable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

FJ motor is the only Yamaha part in the bike.

These things are 1400 cc, custom framed monsters
    Joe Weir went for several years, his 164 rwHP Suzuki was out gunned by the competition

19. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

thanks

scottn likes this.
  20. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Like team UK would get beaten by team USA given the current pool of riders; I highly doubt that.
    :Poke: