1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR500- Road Race bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Aug 31, 2015.

1. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

I hate crooks like this. Decent human beings don't behave like this even if they're on their death bed. I hope you get your motor and/or your money back.

The reason so many people formed their own race/ machine shops is because they couldn't trust others to get it done!

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Yea hopefully. Forks are 2 months past due and no response to my email 2 days ago yet. I'm not that bent about that one yet. The bottoms had to be re-anodized and there was all those Euro trade shows at the same time, not his fault, I get it. Wheels went back to South Africa to get fixed, that kills another month there. Fairings... dude is super responsive with giving unsolicited updates which I super appreciate. He was building a new shop + another guy making all the mount hardware and they found a slight twist in the mold so he's redo'ing part of my stuff. Should be here soon. Mounts/airbox/exhaust dude is awesome as shit, he's been super helpful. Hopefully he's done soon. I need all that stuff though to move on to the next stage. Can't do triple clamps without the forks (I COULD, but I want them in my hand to verify diameters first before ordering custom triples). Can't do swingarm without the wheel. Can't do engine without the mounts. Need engine mounted and fairings to modify the exhausts to get the right angles and can lengths. Those are all my big ticket items outstanding. I have basically every other part besides brake/throttle/clutch lines ready to go.

Yea... seen that one a bunch. he's got a sick ass 1299 too that's been in the booth at the expos. Hopefully they're rad. I'm anxious to get them.

Here's the thing... he's a 65 year old dude or whatever, one man operation (that's admittedly his own fault because he can't train anyone cause nobody meets his standards), I think there were some family issues, he's got a huge backlog of work cause he's supposed to be the best Zilla motor dude in the whole country, etc... and all the dudes on the FB group try to throw all this out there all the time as excuses/justifications. And I get it, that's how life goes sometimes, but then I feel like at the end of all that... "not my fucking problem" is the same answer I keep coming to no matter what the reason. He hasn't taken any of my money, but he has my motor and my new Smartcarb and a few other items, and besides going to AZ and camping outside his door, I couldn't even get in touch with him to say nevermind anyways even if I wanted to. Maybe I wouldn't get THE BEST port/pipe/build ever somewhere else, but there are a bunch of somewhere elses available out there. At what point is 5-10 less HP not worth not having my damn bike done?

I do business for a living, tons of people here own businesses or shops. Dudes on the FB group tried to guilt me like I should be ashamed to expect a single 5 minute phone call even once a month to say, "hey man, still working on it, you're 2nd in line now." To which I would say, "cool man thanks." and wait another month. I keep getting, "well every phone call he's on is time not porting motors and getting work done," but again, I find it real hard to give a fuck. The lack of communication is what pisses me off, not even the actual time frame really. Of course I'd rather hurry up and finish, but its not the end of the world. Being kept in the dark is nuts, and what am I going to do... threaten to sue a guy for $1500? or to force a phone call? That's stupid and absurd and unnecessary and not my style or desire at all. Its just all ridiculous honestly. I talked to him on the phone at the beginning for 30 minutes, he seems like an awesome guy that's super passionate and knowledgeable and loves living and talking motorbikes... super nice and cool guy. I seriously don't get the ill intentions guy vibe, but rather the in over his head guy vibe. I just wish he'd pick up the damn phone.

3. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

I started following Kooso on Instagram a while back just because he happened to post a sweet picture of Tetsuya Harada's 1999 Aprilia RSW-2 500 next to a RS250 done up in replica livery. At the time I was researching details for my RS125 restoration as it came with the rare original Identikit decal kit to make it look like those bikes. I didn't even know he made all this cool carbon stuff!

4. Sweatypants

yea man he's ridiculous, his bike is bonkers. i went thru his entire build thread, saved every picture, like 400 of them, numbered in order. took notes for anything i noticed that seemed unique or a tweak or weird, asked him some questions and he was super down to chat on FB using translator. he's supposed to be getting me all the CNC mounts same as his machined up, the intake plenum for the carbs, the swingarm cover, the airbox, and then he said he had a spare set of pipes for it. that alone cuts out so much leg work, its such an awesome cheat for this as far as getting the bike up and running... know exactly what to trim or mill off, how to position the motor, have a basis for pipe mock up already so i can just tweak a few angles... old 2-stroke guys are the best guys.

freedomgli likes this.
  5. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I waited 2 years for Jerry to build me a set of pipes for my H2/GSXR.

He’s alive and still buried and working by himself. I was at his shop two weeks ago and will stop by next week.

6. Sweatypants

[​IMG]

Geezus christ man. He's gotta let go and teach somebody so the knowledge lives on and so he can breathe. This is how treasures disappear instead of continuing on. I was realistically thinking 8-9 months on an estimate of 5-6. I guess I was way way off. I left him a VM and an email yesterday. I don't expect to hear back. If you can get me any kind of status I'd be greatful.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I knew that deep down you really did like me. :D

8. Sweatypants

All the OTHER ones... :moon:

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I was at his shop today. I saw your parts on the shelf (shiny carb). I told him to send you an email or call

10. Sweatypants

Thanks man, fingers crossed. Any idea where he's at in the process at all?

11. Racingxtc7

Racingxtc7 Well-Known Member

Here's my 2 stroke single project. +6 years in the works. Should finally be full ready this year. My advice to anyone is buy a bike a ride it! Way more fun than spends years trying to build one.

Attached Files:

12. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

cr500 in TZ frame?

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

whats the body? looks close and kinda cool.

14. Racingxtc7

No. It has a counter balancer and a 6 speed trans.
    +2005 Honda RS250 bodywork.

15. 90kacoupe

TXR500R?

16. Racingxtc7

17. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

not telling people what engine you are running doesnt really make you cool, it makes you a snobby cunt. i thought we were better than that on here.

418 and 2wheeldev like this.
  18. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

looks like TRX250R engine with a sabertooth cylinder kit on it , would explain the clutch cover, the 6 speed transmission, and the counterbalancer. to make up for the larger piston and stroke did you add a tungsten slug to the counterbalancer ?

19. Racingxtc7

Oh hunny, you're such a sweet talker. You're so right. We are all so above being competitive with each other. Let me upload 6 years worth of development that I paid for.

Attached Files:

20. 90kacoupe

That is a nice build. Is that the Mychron 2T? How do you like it? You are making it really hard for me to not start my super single project. I may still have a source for a TZR roller. My bank account hates you right now.. hahaha

Racingxtc7 likes this.