1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

With that as a baseline, consider this... Trump has decided that he wants to build a legacy of being a great POTUS. He knows the system and he knows how to beat it. He has to go against the swamp to do it. You can argue all day about him being a swamp creature but the bottom line is he has to take away their power to build his legacy of rebuilding America and he's flat out doing it. If he did not oppose the swamp, it would be business as usual just like a Bush, Obama, Clinton, etc.

Is his motivation self serving? Perhaps it is, but that part is not my problem. The fact is, by all metrics, Trump is making the country better. This is not debatable because every way you measure it, we are better off. So you may not like his motivation, but I don't care about his motivation...I care about the results. ;)

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would agree that everything Trump does is self serving however, when those actions also serve me and my beliefs it becomes very hard to not be supportive.

My desires align with the MAGA platform. Sometimes they dont (like his amnesty BS) but for the most part, they do.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sorry bra. So true. I'm just not that dedicated of a beeber. :flag::D

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The fact that both sides hate him almost equally and that the established D.C. elite straight up attempted a coup to get rid of him pretty much tells all you need to know about his standing amongst the swamp.
    I won't argue that he's likely an asshole. He's an anti establishment asshole though and without his "don't give a rats ass" attitude and demeanor, would likely cave to the establishment and get nothing done. I don't have to like him. I just need him to reset D.C. and keep the wolves at bay.
    The corruption coming to light in the FBI, DOJ, CIA and NSA is mind blowing. He made mistakes early in his presidency that slowed the investigation and exposure of those involved. Hopefully with Sessions out of the way, the arrest and prosecution of those involved in wrongdoing speeds up.
    I firmly believe, had Hillary won, this country would either A) be at civil war right now or B) be lost as we know it forever.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The "amnesty offer" is a negotiation token and a good buy if it should work. If not, just how many billions can we continue to throw at illegal entrant social well fare programs? Judging by how far the left has moved in the last 10 years on border security, if Trump can't put a dent in this thing now, then that boat is going to leave the harbor forever.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I come from the no amnesty EVER crowd. I dont believe in rewarding law breaking. YMMV.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Interesting.

See that's where we differ. I think everything around us since he came into power is pure chaos. I think he's just riding on the coat tails of progress that the previous administration created. We are just now beginning to feel the wrath of his presidency two years in and I see it going downhill from this. I'm already seeing it in the decline of my stocks and the amount of projects that I have to bid right now, which is starting to wain from the last couple of years. For the first time in about 5 years work in my industry is slowing down.

I believe that he has created a divide in this country that we haven't seen since the 30's or 60's. There is no rational thought between either side, it's pure vitriolic hate. That's why I do my best here to simply bring a rational argument.

I'm not going to sling any mud here because it a simple case that we see things in two different spectrums. Whose right or wrong...it's truly hard to say.

Personally I wish we had the opportunity to sit at a table with a couple of beers and discuss this. I love a good conversation and typing on a forum just doesn't cut it. One day I'd like to sit with you and spang and Fonda and just hash it out. I think it would be a blast.

jase and blkduc like this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What divide do you see him having created? And, if you can, how has he created it? You know I’m going to ask for some specifics. I’m curious what you/I see so differently. I see a LOT of blame being put on him, but I can’t think of a single factual, specific action that he’s done to support any of the claims.

I would argue that the stocks and such are finally coming back to reality. They inflated hugely when he was elected, not because of Obama, but because it was the first time in 8 years that businesses felt as though they had support from the current admin, and obstacles would be removed. I agree it wasn’t anything he did, policy-wise, but simply a belief in having support. Obama and his admin made doing business an absolute nightmare. Now, however, they see his hands being tied and the “dream” of a true business/manufacturing revival has died a bit.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Oh I agree with that sentiment. But we have to be realistic about what it is going to take to require that the federal government enforce our borders. If you think any of those people are going to leave, EVER, you are living in La La Land. When you've nicked the jugular, the first thing you have to do is stop the bleeding, not complain about blood on our shirt.

11. rd400racer

It seems like people are more pissed off in general about every little thing that happens...and this is both sides. I believe in some small part this comes from the combative nature of our 1st in command. He seems to be a petty individual and that has brought out the pettiness in a lot of us.

Seriously, do you all like the fact that our Commander in Chief wastes his time to Tweet about a comment that some Hollywood personality has directed at him? I find that 4th grader-ish.

jase likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He didn’t create it. He’s tasked with dealing with it.

Spang308 likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It proves he’s human and in touch with regular people instead of acting like he’s royalty.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You can find all sorts of posts of mine calling him out and my belief he needs to just shut the hell up and do his job. But outside of that, I think he’s actually doing a really solid job on most other things ... actions.

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, I don't like tweety shit either.......but the man has almost no way to communicate with the electorate without media bias injections. The man did an oval office address and the major media outlets pounded the idea that he should not be covered in the future because they didn't like his message.

16. rd400racer

You definitely hang out with a better class of person than I do. Nobody I know lives like this:D

[​IMG]

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Absolutely. It’s his only defense against an EXTREMELY bias media.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I mean in how that he has emotions, won’t stand for being badmouthed or disrespected, etc. For God’s sake, the man unabashedly loves fast food and big tits!

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's the crazy part. It takes a mogul worth (by some estimates) 8 billion dollars for the average American to feel he's represented and in touch with their president.
    As far as him being in it for himself, a rising tide floats all ships. Every President between Reagan and Trump has screwed the middles class and enriched their buddies. This guy may be a dick, but he answers to no one in particular in terms of his presidency. No doubt the rich are getting richer, but not at the expense of the average citizen this time. Do a little homework on how the top 1% fared during Obamas turn at the wheel. Compare that to record negative unemployment numbers, record level on government assistance, etc.
    I'll stick with Orange Dude thank you very much.

ryoung57 likes this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That tends to happen to anyone who gets labeled a racist, homophobic, xenophobe, bigot long enough.

While there are assholes on both sides of the isle, I don't recall rioting and looting when Obama took office. I also don't recall a bunch of irrelevant celebrities telling me if I voted for Obama I am the lowest form of life to have ever existed. The majority of the hate is coming from the left, and the people on the right are tired of turning the other cheek. Trump is doing something no other Republican I have seen do, and that's fight back against the bullshit instead of sitting there and taking it.

Do I think Trump is an asshole? Yup. But I don't care, I didn't vote for him because he's a nice guy.

jrsamples, Banditracer and Spang308 like this.