1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Ginsburg really coming back and for how long

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 11, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO, she will retain the seat until she is physically or mentally incapable of performing the job. Even though she is an ideologue, I actually think she respects the court as an institution enough not to stay beyond her capacity to perform. If she does, it will be because others make the request/demand.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

We are talking Tsar Bomba levels of explosions ranging from confirmation freak outs to protests to who knows. This will be after the huge push to force Trump to appoint a liberal justice. They will argue that point real hard at the beginning.

He needs to make the best choice. Barrett is that choice. She is a good justice, very conservative, will be hard to lob rape lies at, and she was recently confirmed by the very same assholes who will fight her to the death this time.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The next SCOTUS that DJT will appoint will be a female. Amy Coney Barrett hopefully.........Charlie Sykes ex-wife was also high on the list last time. It will be great to see the libs try and attack a woman like they did Kavanaugh.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I would hope not. I hope this is incorrect and she is home recovering while typing out her resignation letter.

Also I question the accuracy of this as it could easily be BS like the current Buzzfeed article is.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That sounds good, but my fear is that she’s too partisan for that train of thought. Considering her remarks about DJT, I think she’ll stay, or try to stay, until she’s drawing her last breath.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

TRY :crackup: There is no question they will. Look no further than how the party of the KKK went after the drake who left the plantation when nominated :dead: Thankfully unsuccessfully as I think he has done a pretty decent job overall.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I will certainly concede that I may be wrong.

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm sure she thought she was going to retire two years ago when the shoe in Hillary won. I have a feeling there's several RWNJ's out there keeping tabs on her ready to break a story.

More importantly, how many women's rights have been stripped since Kav took office? They can still vote and get abortions right? He needs to step up his game.

9. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

She's been done for awhile mentally.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/st...4th-amendment-audience-has-give-ryan-saavedra

And then there's this nonsense from a decade ago that should have had her booted for basically ignoring American precedent.

https://www.fastcase.com/blog/justice-ginsburg-defends-using-foreign-courts-as-persuasive-authority/

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Her elevation to deity has been interesting to watch.

Two major motion pictures.

35 books including one biography and, I shit you not, an RBG workout book.

:)

DrA5 likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Disney has a team installing the animatronics equipment as we speak.

12. ton

ton Arf!

persuasive authority is just that. it is given the weight of a dictionary definition, scholarly article, or other secondary source and is not precedential, nor was she advocating its use in any manner more rigorous than that.

that said, i'm more in Scalia's camp in regards to the actual utility of such authority...

13. In Your Corner

14. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

15. In Your Corner

16. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I know I actually saw the picture before I saw the article. I can honestly say I must be a piece of shit because I started smiling like the grinch got the idea to steal christmas. Thinking of all the snow flakes melting and accusations of necrophilia before a judge is even selected. Then I sat heart broken to realize it was a error and early tease of what is yet to come.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I find it funny that they've obviously already got the graphic ready.

18. In Your Corner

They are ready for many deaths, it's their job.
    It's only a matter of time after all.

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They’ll install animatronic equipment in her embalmed ass before they let Donald appoint another justice. Looking forward to her kicking the bucket just so I can say “Ding dong, the witch is dead” on whatever puff pieces and slobbering comments I see. I love the leftist propaganda machine. They’re already trying to deify her to make the next appointment difficult.

20. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

turtlecreek likes this.