1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gillette is going to teach you how to act.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 15, 2019.

1. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

So Gillette, owed by Proctor and Gamble, decides they are going to be Americas parent and tell men how to act.

On the other hand, they own Clorox, with advertising ties to "the bachelor/bachelorette". The Bachelor is a show where one man can date 24 women at once, and where the women compete against each other and we watch for entertainment and P&G profits.

Fan-f'n-tastic

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Different brands have different marketing teams.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I came across the term "gamergate" a while ago which led me down the rabbit hole of the sjw attempts of the video game industry. Had no idea.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I checked because I thought they were different although you are right on a huge corp owning DSC it's Unilever and Gillette is P&G. Same idea tho :D

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Merkur safety razor, single double edge blade.

Takes a bit of practice at first but it will be the closest shave you ever had.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep wrong conglomerate.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

For those looking for a new razor.

SpeedyE and galloway840 like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you ignore tv and bullshit internet sites/articles this isn’t even a thing. I haven’t even heard of it except for here. That tells me the problem is more with people than the corporations pushing this kind of nonsense.

SuddenBraking and ineedanap like this.
  9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

^ Which applies to about 99% of the crap on TV and the internet.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like Mayhem.

cav115 likes this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Normally I agree that people need to suck it up on most stuff. Though if someone wants to spend the money from my purchases to call me evil and inherently a problem while also insulting my father (who after all I learned this from) I have an issue with them.

Most of my life I have been blamed for being the problem and while far from perfect my dad did teach me how to treat people and well what they accuse me of is BS. Like many I am just fed up with the constant drum roll of 'you are evil' from racist or bigoted people. So I consider avoiding P&G products.

K51000, galloway840 and speeddaddy like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just stick with Gillette, P&G overall has nothing to do with the ads, every division does their own ads and use all sorts of different companies for them. My stepmoms stock thanks you :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Ya know, there really isn't anything wrong with the commercial. If it were done by a non-profit organization, I don't think anyone would have an issue - well, maybe someone,because there is always someone who has an issue.

Maybe I was raised better than some, my parents taught respect, for them, for teachers, for the law, for the opposite sex, for your fellow man. Winning at all costs was poor sportsmanship, cheating was not tolerated, bullying was punished and standing up for what is right is mandatory. Maybe some people just never got their ass kicked like they were supposed to when they misbehaved.

cpettit likes this.
  14. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I prefer to have parents do their job, not corporations.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

well...? what happened?