1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gillette is going to teach you how to act.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 15, 2019.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I really wish the toxic masculinity phrase was never hijacked. The intent behind it was that societal expectations were toxic, not that men themselves were toxic.
    Keep your damn beard, bulk up, shoot guns, fuck, enjoy your testosterone - but also leave men alone that don't want to do that.
    I've seen dudes here throw in the phrase "you're not a man if...." Fuck you. THAT is toxic masculinity.
    Some dude want's to crochet and/or watch another man plow his wife when he isn't racing - what business is it of yours to judge that? You can't gatekeep manhood FFS.
    (yes - the cuckhold judgement annoyed me - no I am not into that, nor is anyone I know)

So anyway - there are some Ted talks on this subject that these #metoo bandwagon corporations really need to watch before they keep pulling this "keep me relevant" crap and looking like assholes.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You guys think the company came up with this? I'd bet it was sold to them by some ad exec.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but where's the fun in the dungeon if you use words the way they were originally intended?

4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

G 97 likes this.
  5. CausticYarn

It's the #metoo movement that has hijacked it so people can hate men.

I got groped by a superior at a work function on Saturday evening and have lawyers so far up my ass I can taste the leather interior of a yellow Ferrari.
    I never once cried #metoo or toxic masculinity - I reported the incident to the top boss because it was in a room full of 50 colleges and their families, and if I hadn't it would have appeared to them as if I was condoning the issue. Perception is everything. The embarrassment and mortification I have to deal with right now is astronomical - I am the only female employed and the political climate is driving the swift legal action that is being taken to protect the client (not me). I don't even want anything from these people - I just wanted to stand up for myself and protect my reputation because that is not okay. Ugh.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dern didn't kill him? Stunned I am.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't always use a blade when I shave...

but when I do,
    I use Stihl.
    [​IMG]

:D

SpeedyE, BigBird, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I just cant understand this stuff. I have NEVER even wanted to grope someone much less actually done it. Maybe I am a total outlier but I dont really find women I dont know sexually attractive. The biggest risk to my marriage is an intelligent women, not a hot one.

Sorry that happened to you CY.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    SpeedyE, K51000, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah that’s complete BS. Fist to face on that one.
    2 fucks at that point with me. :mad:

Prospect, TurboBlew and SGVRider like this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Lawyer up yourself and cash the fuck in!

12. SGVRider

Fist to face is 1 minute satisfaction. Undisclosed settlement amount is lifetime satisfaction.

Phl218, TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  13. CausticYarn

I'm not going to lawyer up unless what their attorney presents to me tomorrow is fishy. I am not signing a damn thing - but I assume that is why the attorney wants to meet, hand me a document that forces me not to pursue legal action against them. The thing is - they didn't do anything: he did.

This guy was so beyond drunk it was gross. Apparently things got worse after my departure.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Examples please.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Read her whole post. She provided some.

16. CausticYarn

Aside from that - I've posted the hosts names of Ted talks in other threads.

My life is a dumpster fire right now. I feel like I escaped down a garbage chute on a space station and the trash compactor has engaged while swamp thing licks his chops.
    I ain't participating in more detention level bullshit when I've exhausted this subject before.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. SGVRider

I personally would lawyer up just because it’ll make them take it much more seriously. They also stop the games they’re going to play with you immediately. I promise there will be some fun and games tomorrow. Don’t even make a statement. Plus, even the threat of legal action will make them shits their pants and want to sweep it under the rug quickly. They probably have a nuisance amount they’re willing to pay just to make it go away quickly. Don’t worry about them seeing you as a problem, they already do since you spoke up. You may as well cash in. If this happened to my sister or nieces, I’d be on them to lawyer up. To each their own though. I say spin it into a concrete benefit for yourself though no matter what you do.

My buddy worked at a large retail chain known for their SJW ways (before the term was coined, this was like 15 years ago). He was a nut and he walked out on them in the middle of a shift twice because he felt like it. How he got hired back the first time I don’t know, he had a silver tongue. He wrote them a letter explaining that he felt harassed because he was a gay so he couldn’t take it anymore. They immediately sent him a letter back offering him a full time position in corporate instructing people in equal opportunity. Because he had personal experience they valued. It was like $25 an hour, which was real money in 2004 for college kids. Fuck he probably could’ve negotiated at least $30. I thought it was hilarious. He didn’t take it, but it was still great.

Maybe you should take a page from that book. Maybe you don’t want a cash settlement. Maybe you want an EO and sexual harassment training program. With you as the program administrator and chief instructor, with a budget and additional pay somewhere around $30k a year minimum.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Good luck, say minimal or nothing and trust no one.

K51000 likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like this 'lawyer up' expertise from the crowd that has killed them all...

:D

The guy was drunk, he needs to be a harsh rehab treatment. Lawyers shouldn't even be involved....

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A sincere very public apology for atrocious public behavior before rehab.

cav115 and sheepofblue like this.