1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercar vs Nascar

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What happened to that video of them crashing wholesale on a road course? And how about all the trouble they had at the Charlotte road course thing last year? I think on a road course specifically, a good driver in something like an F488 or a Ferrari Challenge car would beat a nascar.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Watkins Glen runs Nascar and IMSA.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Nascar cars get a pretty decent amount of down force. But if you drive anything at the limit it will get squirmy.

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I just meant as comparison to something like an Enzo.....curious how much down force, and traction control, could level the field with getting drive off those bankings.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I believe NASCAR also runs staggered tires on the ovals. So that is another advantage they have on the ovals unless you are going to allow the supercars to do the same. Who knows that running staggered tires would do to those fancy traction and stability systems. It might screw up the drivetrain on the AWD supercars as well. Many AWD systems are limited in the amount of difference in tire circumference allowable.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Matched perfect and staggered special.

tdoss1980 and TLR67 like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's a lot going on with those Cup cars, it's their game, and they have perfected it. On the big ovals and high speed intermediate size tracks, they even track slightly sideways. It's to get the rear wing out of the air.
    You might find a supercar to match their lap times, but if you put them on the track at the same time, the Cup car will dominate in the long run.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I did a NASCAR driver’s school with my dad for his birthday one year. It’s amazing to me how much they steer just with the brakes due to the tires and balance and such.