1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else race on 4 wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Why do you say that. Because you suck at it? Going fast and winning are very difficult in iRacing anyway.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How many wheels on your video game rig? One? ghey and you're hipster, or a clown who juggles. None? GHEY and you're a clown who juggles nuts.

Past Glory, turner38 and joec like this.
  4. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I'm with the "Eracing is ghey" crowd. Those sentiments are also applied to drone and RC racing as well. If it doesn't involve crapping yourself while ignoring your sense of self-preservation, it ain't racing.

badmoon692008 and 5axis like this.
  5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

SKUSA (CR125/Moto) in the heavy weight class.
    For pure entertainment, I put a CR250 motor into a 125 sprint chassis. It was a LOT of fun at Laguna and Sonoma.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep. "eSports" is Ghey. If you like, thats fine. Thats what America is all about.

Doesnt make it less Ghey.

The Man said it and its still true,
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

DrA5 and kangasj like this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

My cousin drove for khill in the forumal atlantic series a fews years ago with the SCCA. I saw their cars and rigs. RAcree is right. Cubic dollars!

ajcjr likes this.
  8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Ever see a $1500 early 90's era rc car slam a wall and disintegrate? Or try to dodge a run away off road buggy when you are marshalling? Raced RC from 91-99. Buggies to pan cars. Was fun until 97-98 when we got some idiots who decided to cheat anyways they could, people unplugging peoples chargers, sabotaging cars and some 'adults' got butt hurt when others were lapping them and they intentionally tried to run the car lapping them into the wall. Was satisfying when the one guy tried to run my car in the wall when I was lapping him for the 2nd time in a 4 min race, somehow ended up 'falling' off the drivers stand. Funny how he screamed like a girl after a hip check took him off the 2' tall drivers stand. Guy in charge told him "well you were trying to intentionally wreck other peoples cars". The place stopped racing rc after 2000. Tried a different track in 99. Same thing. Bunch of 'adult children' who spent a lot of money and still are sore losers. Went to watch another track locally a few years ago. Cars and tech has changed drastically, peoples attitudes didn't.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Here's some E racers :D

[​IMG]

kangasj and pfhenry like this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How much money are the big 4 throwing at bike racers this year for risking personal injury? How about those companies hocking Lacrosse sticks, also known as butterfly nets, are they throwing big bucks at players? :D

G Dawg likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

New lacrosse league is coming in and the reported money they are spending is crazy. Minimum wages, full healthcare coverage, travel expenses covered. Full Demirat wetdreams sports.

and E or I or L sports is still ghey and you're getting beat by the kid of some IT melvins who have only seen a boobie on the internet and never in person. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Their shop is about 15 minutes from my house. Lot of money behind that operation. Kris Kaiser has a pretty good prep business going. I raced many moons ago when he was running Atlantics at Summit Pt. with his Dad. Joe I think his name is. They've been around for a long time. Think Dad has a cattle ranch of some sorts.

ajcjr and Ducti89 like this.
  13. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Playing down at Road Atlanta just before Thanksgiving. 302 swapped, T5z trans, 8.8 lsd irs, Wilwood brakes. 2515C054-DB28-4C54-8CFA-8F20B1B338D7.jpeg

TurboBlew, 418 and khill like this.
  14. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Good bunch. Super competative. Its a first class operation there.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I did Lemons twice, with this season for us starting at Thunderhill in May (Memorial Day weekend). Wrap up from our first attempt (first in class) here:
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...the-24hr-of-lemons.340125/page-5#post-5370424

Ran into a friend of a friend, former AMA flat track fellow (61X? 66X? from 1991-2002-ish? Something like that) and he said "With age comes a cage" about switching from two to four wheels.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm with Dave. And god knows I spent enough time and money way back in the day racing model cars. Rc12i rc10 carbon team Tamiya fox

And for what it's worth, that stuff shouldn't even be in the same thread as the dirtcar!

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And still not as much fun as the 51! :D

gpz11 likes this.
  18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

06 PMP Micro w/ 08 R6 engine
    Micro.jpg

93 VanDieman FF

FF.jpg

sharky nrk and ajcjr like this.
  19. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Cant leave out karting. IRP 98.

Indy.jpg
    Putnam Park 2008
    laydown.jpg

rd400racer likes this.
  20. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

The most fun of all 4 wheel racing I have done.

Street racing in a Briggs & Stratton 5hp engine kart.

Taylorville IL 95

Taylorville.jpg

Peoria, IL 1993

Quicncyuptown.jpg

TurboBlew and Razr like this.