1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Zwifters on the beeb?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jan 13, 2019.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I used to ride it a lot. I can't stand it now. Also they raised their prices.

IMG_9585.jpg
    :crackup:

RichB and TurboBlew like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I did a trial to see how I liked it. It is OK, but I am wanting to do more training plans than video game racing. Yes, Zwift has training as well, but TrainerRoad is much better for that as is TheSufferFest. I know lots of people I ride with, work with, etc. that really like Zwift. It's just not what I am looking for.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm on. Haven't ridden in a long while.

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I started Zwifting about a month ago. I bought a used Computrainer off ebay. Zwift user name is Joehandcycle Handcycle

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The power meter measures the watts your are pushing on the pedals. The trainer basically creates resistance to your rear wheel turning. Some smart trainers have a power meter built in. If you use the power meter on the bike, you can use it when riding outside, which is a big plus.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

Their prices are indeed pretty steep (bordering ridiculous imho). I just signed up for a few months but will cancel their asses as soon as I can go out and ride.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  7. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

$15 per month is too expensive? To be able to train and race on my own bike in my living room without having to go to a gym in January, shit I'd pay a lot more

ekraft84 and sbkidd like this.
  8. cha0s#242

You can do that without paying for Zwift, which is basically just a video rendering of your workout with cheesy PS2 level graphics.

9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Except in zwift I can race with 2,000 other people, working in pelotons, tracking my power / stats, and having people to push me into a sprint at the end of every workout.

I hear you, some people aren't all about it. I'll get over 20 hours in zwift this month, the workout and entertainment value is more than there for me. At this rate I'll be getting better dollar per hour engagement on zwift than netflix

cha0s#242 and ekraft84 like this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

And if you change your weight to like 100lbs your power to weight ratio goes through the roof and you win all the sprints!

GixxerBlade, TurboBlew and cha0s#242 like this.
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, my brother warned me about Strava "cheaters". By putting false data in, you only cheat yourself. But, being a handcyclist (with accurate data put in), I'll never beat the upright riders in a virtual race. They should have some algorithm for handcyclists to compensate so it's more equal.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you want more displacement? :D

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Eyetalian cheater cams might help more. :) :)

Ducti89 likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

i was wondering how folks were generating 800+ watts

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Two types of cheaters in Zwift. Those that knowingly alter their data to give themselves big numbers and then there are those that are software illiterate and don't realize they need to set their personal numbers up.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a local guy was commenting on that. Some guy was questioning him on how he was so fast in real life...lol
    He does 30+ intervals on a fixed gear bike and tries to get 10hrs in the saddle.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Hey I legit generated that last week - albeit for only like 5 seconds!

18. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

i have a free month of trainer road i may check it out. One thing i like about zwift is you can bike through some different places and multiple terrain.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That doesn't exist at all with TrainerRoad. Your workout is on the screen, no scenery of any kind. I have a second monitor that I watch stuff on. But that is what I prefer, I know lots of others prefer the Zwift thing.

ajcjr likes this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

ErgVideo has awesome 1080p video taken of the actual ride you are on. I recently did a ride that was in the valleys of France. Absolutely stunning scenery. Only problem is the video quality is so good that I now want to ride those roads for real. Erg is only $10/month. Cancel at any time.

Oh yea, I did another ErgVideo ride that was in and around the Bedford Virginia area. I went to Virginia Tech and lived in Roanoke for a few years. I rode my streetbike on some of the roads they used so that was really cool for me and brought back some cool memories.

Phl218 and ajcjr like this.