1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Ginsburg really coming back and for how long

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 11, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I believe it would have to fall under Impeachment rules, pretty much like the Presidency. In other words, forget it.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Would be a terrible idea as well. Anything you do will be done to you. Just ask all those that supported Reid nuking the filibuster.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The "good behavior" clause. A SCOTUS justice can be impeached by Congress. It has happened once.

4. 2blueYam

Agreed. If she gets to the point where she really can't ever come back into the chambers to discuss / argue one would hope she would resign at the point or it might be time to push her along. I know she is away now, but she is expected to return.

5. dsapsis

You mean like Clarence Thomas? :Poke:

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Won’t/doesn’t aren’t synonymous with can’t. :Poke:

7. 2blueYam

Odd, I didn't read anything in that article about him not being in chambers. Nor was there anything about him not participating in person for the discussions the justices have behind closed doors after they have heard the cases. Your apple is not an orange.

I also said, and "can't ever come back to the chambers". He returned. So your banana is not an orange either.

8. dsapsis

Did I really need to add a smilie? I thought that was pretty funny...

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why does every article from the NYT say I’ve reached my limit? I don’t ever go there unless it’s a link on this site, maybe once or twice a month. BS.

10. dsapsis

I don't know. I don't get that message.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just clear the site cookies.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They just don't like you. :D

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I reached my limit on NYT loooooong ago. If I see it's on their site, I won't click it. They're not even fit for fishwrap/birdcage lining anymore.

Their internet presence is an utter waste of electrons.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So we should expect more liberal head explosions soon. How much stupider will they get this time ? :rolleyes:

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I look forward to seeing the new "low".

19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I hope he appoints one of the migrants from the recent Mexican cross country adventure. The Dems would throw qualification out the window faster than a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat to get that person on the bench!

Spang308 likes this.
  20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

In all seriousness (is that even possible with this crowd...? :crackup:), does anyone think that RBG is down for the count?