1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else race on 4 wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 14, 2019.

1. lazlo

lazlo Stand up guy who corners low.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

About $5K per weekend back in the early 90s. I probably spent less than any of my competitors.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Good eye. 1985 with Cosworth BDA. Only 5 of them in the world, the last of the RT-4s. Wish I would have kept it... worth a fortune now. Ran a Citation Zink Spec Ford before this one. Photon Formula Vee before that. Lots of karts afterwards. Always wanted a FC.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

TZ250lover likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Banditracer likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Went to the SCCA Runoffs several years from Raleigh. Wouldn't you know they would move them to mid Ohio about the same time I moved to GA. Worst accident I saw at the event was a FA in 1989.

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Dirt oval karts for a while back in the day of the nitro McCullough.

Did a few parking lot slaloms.

Car racing of the stuff I want is way above my pay grade. No problem, we're motorcycle road racers. I've been told by car racers we were crazy.

I think a few of us should go together on a "24 hour of lemons" car. It looks like a hoot.

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Some of my buddies got together and are doing a Lemons/Chump Car (or whatever its called now). It may be fun, but maybe for people that may not have had a ton of track time in the past. Insanely long brake zones, tons of brake fade, too much body roll, cars that break down incessantly, idiots that have no clue about racing lines out there....etc. For three events now they entered, my buddies car has spent only about three hours on the track total out of an available....what.......40-48 or more. I think they do two days of 8 hours each, at least around here. I would think just doing track days for cars or bikes would be more rewarding.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yup. That was the car to have back then in Mini Stocks.

10. backcountryme

lazlo likes this.
  11. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

stang.jpg kart.jpg JD0274a.jpg Raced a stock eliminator car, ran tag 125cc karts, ran Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 & 3. Then at 44 i decide its time to do track days on 2 wheels. I love racing, love cars but drag racing you sit around all day for long periods of time, road racing now a days you get 4 sessions in 2 days if your lucky. Im looking forward to learning how to ride better and rent a race car once in a while.

masshole likes this.
  13. backcountryme

When I was looking on my phone I didn't even notice the wing mounts. The size of the tank kinda the threw me. Not many sprint cars seem to run the larger tanks anymore. Nice looking car man.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Formula Ford & Formula Continental back in the late 80's. Did a some other classes and series when they needed someone. When I stop playing on bikes, probably gonna get a Sportsman/late model to play on the circle jerk tracks up here.

DrA5 likes this.
  15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

what year FA car? those are sweet.. i worked (as pit bitch)on some that had 1.6 mazda piston engines

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I ran modlites for a good while. Gsxr1000 powered. Fantastic class. Still do the steel head late model stuff with my cousin also

Attached Files:

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I keep thinking I want to do something like that or even something a bit "more" with cages but I soon realize that the brain is willing but the body is not that willing and more importantly, my balls are not big enough anymore.

Stupid Shit I used to laugh off now hurts and hurts for days. :D

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You can do it a lot cheaper now without ever leaving the house.

G Dawg likes this.
  19. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Do or did you know Vince Puleo?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

E racing is ghey and NOT a sport and not racing. It's videogame masturbation!

DrA5 and 5axis like this.