1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Zwifters on the beeb?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

The bike trainer thread had wondering how many Zwift riders are on the BBS. I’ve been on Zwift for about a month and have been loving every mile. While it’s no replacement for being outside on the bike trails, it certainly helps pass the cold winter months.

Who else is in Zwift and what is your username? My name on Zwift is Cannoli.

2. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

Likewise, been using it about a month, only when I can't get outside. I find I ride a lot harder on Zwift than on the road, it's almost impossible to do an easy effort.
    S.Kidd

3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Yeah mate, have been rising on zwift for 2years now. I tend to use it only for the racing, which is addictive, but want to use it as much for the training plans going forward. I have the same username on it, might catch you in the cat b races. KISS, EVR and DIRT rides are my favorites for format and availability.

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I'm not on it, but pretty much the whole Rick team is.....JD Beach, Scott Russell, Shane Turpin, etc.....

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Just did my first ride today on it. I plan to train a little more for racing this year and along with strengthening my core per @khill podcasts :D, I’m hoping to bring a fitter racer to the starting grid this year. I plan to listen to the rest of his podcasts while putting in the miles. Double training!!!

6. khill

khill Well-Known Member

^^ Good! Just got back from the gym myself getting my ass kicked with core workouts...

Awesome podcast coming out tomorrow and more in the que.

Ken

7. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Im on it. Been riding 3-4 days since the new year. Its cool, i usually put an old race or video on while riding.

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So I'm getting back into bike shape and looking at a trainer for zwift/sufferfest, looking at the Elite Direto, Performance is closing and they have a few left at 30% off. Anyone use that model? After my hill ride yesterday I need all the help I can get to get back in shape.

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

We'll reviewed and ridden. From memory Greg leo runs one with no complaints (a top zwift racer). Check gplama review of it for less bs than dcrainmaker who refuses to say when something sucks.

10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Get the wahoo. Spend the money upfront. Also, pioneers new power meter is integrated with the wahoo! Great combo.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is that Slingers :Poke: or Swifters?

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Zwifter

Isn't that the duster that's advertised on TV?

How original. :Poke:

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Join the WERA strava group...last count was 117 riders...I dont think anyone stays idle

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yep. It's great.

Any group rides/races ya'll doing?

15. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I'm on almost every day. Currently doing the Tour de Zwift, and the Zwift Fondo events. I'll pick random events and races in between

id: j.clark [foundation cycles]

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea....I thought this was a floor cleaning thread!

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm on there, trying to get my ass back in shape for the season.
    My I.d. : F. Cartier

18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

no but I keep wanting to be - need a cheap method of entry though, I am far more inclined to spend money directly on the bicycles then expensive trainers

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You don't need an expensive trainer. I paid 200$ for mine and 500$ for the power meter.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

how will it work if you have a trainer? what's the power meter then?