1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercar vs Nascar

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

When i raced with the SCCA i saw a bunch in GT classes, there is also a specific series for these cars as well. They make decent track cars because of the safety, knock a corner off the parts are not to expensive to fix.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ferrari builds & maintains the FXX cars for its race series. You can run 5 rounds in the US this year... then the final at Mugello. The V12 at full song is something and Im sure the carbon brakes can put your face through some G forces... I would have a tough time choosing between the FXX and an Enzo or F40 should that opportunity ever present! :D

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

FXX is the race version of the Enzo. Better in every way!

TurboBlew and turbulence like this.
  4. TurboBlew

except you could never drive one to a Cars & Coffee event! :)

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Several have been converted for road use.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I had to google "hypercar." Holy shit! Some of these things are putting out hp in excess of 1200. :eek:

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I saw a DSR with a GSX-R 1000 Motor Lap all the Lingefelter Vettes and other top runners at Barber at a SCCA Run Off there one weekend... It was a hoot to watch...

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's a DSR?

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just a shit ton of fun.....

dsrX2.jpg

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

*eau
    ;)

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thank Chris Harris for putting that term into the lexicon. I don't know if he came up with it but he was the guy who popularized it. Starting with the McLaren P1, Laferrari and Porsche 918. Or their more common name, The Holy Trinity. :bow:

12. TurboBlew

In the US?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Honestly, I don't know. I saw some videos a few years ago but I don't remember enough to tell you where they were shot.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

TLR67 likes this.
  16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

DSR is "D" Sports Racer. I think the designation started from SCCA but had been used by other racing organizations also. D often related to engine where as sports racer refers to small race only cars made by various manufacturers like Radical.

17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I know it’s not the most scientific but wasn’t the Veyron near the top of the Top Gear track? It was pretty tight with only one “straight” where it could even begin to stretch its legs. I remember them all being surprised how much all of the tech helped muscle the weight around.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys may well be right about that stuff. I personally have never used Top Gear as a reference because the cars are never tested under the same conditions.

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd love to see one go up against a Lotus Exige Cup 430 before I can accept that. :)