1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercar vs Nascar

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Stolen from another forum.

Would we all agree that a modern "supercar" could compete/beat a NASCAR on a road course?

Now to make it interesting, what about on an oval? Let's assume you can run any tires/suspension setup you want? What say you?

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

How many times could the Supercar get hit before the wheels fall off?

track wagon likes this.
  3. Dragginass

Let's assume no "contact" lol.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Those Nascar boys would be hard to beat on an oval, most things being equal.

orangesuzuki and Photo like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not all ovals are equal.

Bristol, Martinsville, Rockingham... they're a totally different animal than Talladega & Daytona.

The big tracks would be more even, I'd think... but Bristol etc NASCAR would thrash them without some lower end giddyup.

6. Supercar probably not. Hypercar- possibly assuming no contact on road course. Ovals? All depends how the nascar cars are limited and if gearing swaps are allowed on super cars. Too many variables to say one way or another but in general no they couldn’t.

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

For an oval scenario, is this a 1 lap race or 500 miles? I’m sure many cars could beat them for a few laps. But over distance, I think the tire situation and car setup might favor a NASCAR. Sounds like a good Grand Tour scenario.

OGs750 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The real question is which one will be a more effective sleep aid.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Ducti89 and G Dawg like this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about V8 AUS Supercars vs NASCAR. Slightly disappointed.

With NASCAR going to popular road courses like Road America, it’s prob ez to compare. But I bet NASCAR would destroy most road cars around an oval.

backcountryme, jonathanp and ajcjr like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's a "supercar"? Are we talking F488, Huracan, ZR1 Corvette, or things like Veyrons.

TLR67 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The first three would probably embarrass a Veyron on a road course.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think a Cup car is faster on a road course than most people think.

dave3593 and zjay like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Idk. Veyron held the top spot on the Top Gear course for a long time.

dickie doo and cha0s#242 like this.
  15. Dragginass

Supercar/hypercar anything you can dream.....vs NASCAR on their tracks.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Those other cars are pretty potent in their most extreme versions. Depending on the road course, they might surprise us. And frankly, they don't even need to beat the Veyron to embarrass it. If they can come close at their price point, that's good enough for me.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On a "standard" oval like NASCAR races over 300 to 500 laps the NASCAR cars would win. The Supercar would break.

Those ovals are a bit harsh and would beat the supercar into a smoking pile of scrap.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The Cup cars wiuld badly emberass the Yuppiecars about anywhere you take them. The bigger the track the closer the rich boy cars would fare, for a few laps anyhow.
    Not sure on weight but the cup motors are over 900 hp unrestricted. Think they have to weigh either 3200 or 3500lb....

At Bristol the cup cars would lap the Supercars in less than five laps.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

NASCAR (Nationwide) was at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2012 and they were pathetically slow. They turned much slower lap times than the supporting act (Rolex Grand AM). Like 10 seconds a lap slower than the GT cars if I recall correctly. lol Of course, Iwould think these cars are faster on track than a supercar.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

When's the last time NASCAR was at Sears Point? The Nascar lap records are from the 90's:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoma_Raceway

What other road courses do they go?

I don't know much about NASCAR, but I couldn't imagine a road car keeping up on a big oval.