1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP MotoGP new MA spec fuel

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Jan 10, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You know the answer is no. For what it's worth, the only photo I saw of the can listed it as MGP, not MotoGP.

2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

When I was at COTA a couple years back most teams were using drums of Total or Elf - can't recall which garages were using what though if it was for Moto2, MotoGP or Moto3.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Elf guy is a good friend of mine. That's why was wondering who else is out there. It was my understanding that he supplies most MotoGP teams.

4. younglion

My buddies and I went out for dinner in Austin with GiGi from Shark helmets and his buddy (also from France but can't recall his name) who was the Total Fuels engineer and MotoGP appointee - both solid Gents. Much cow and red wine was consumed by all...

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

If nothing else, it’s another step back from the DMG days, so it can’t be that bad.

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

New Year Resolutions only last about 15 days .. you got till the middle of next week .. Tops ! :D

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You sure ur has lead?

8. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

The VP makes about 1 hp less than the Elf the last we tested it.

HPPT likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A 15 gal drum is not difficult to burn through and they have a lot more/better uses than a fiver when they're empty.
    Besides, $100 for five when $180 gets you fifteen...who's not seeing that math?
    YMMV.

<edit> I'd rather strap one can than three.

lonewrench likes this.
  10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Probably a silly question, but I haven’t exactly delved into barrels of gas yet.. what’s the best way to “pour” - for lack of a better term - gas out of something that large?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Rattle siphon.

rcarson15 likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

U4 is leaded

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

How is it not destroying everyone's o2 sensors?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My friend says you might have had dinner with Nicolas Obtecht, who was based in the US for a year or or two. And the other guy is JJ. I guess he told you his name in French. :D

16. younglion

Honestly I don't think it was either of those names, but I could be wrong. Any for the record, I'm Canadian so I speak muey bueno francais! :)

Message me your cell - I'll text you a pic from dinner, lets identify this mysterious Total fella!

17. Because the lead in it is made from unicorn tears.

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Because lead is nowhere NEAR the issue it is made out to be.

5axis likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I got an answer. All the teams in Moto two in Moto three have been running Elf for three years.
    There are three actual runs or fewer in MotoGP: Shell, Repsol, Elf. The latter has the most teams. Including any displaying stickers but that are not one of those three. ;)

Forensic analysis on the picture coming by email in a minute, but I gave you the right names.

younglion likes this.
  20. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Attack used it for their wild card GP’s