1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am not affected but as a contractor if the shut down did get us I would get ZERO back pay. Guess what that is common knowledge so I have an emergency fund. The people they are highlighting for the most part made crap decisions and are now cornered. I do have some sympathy for a fresh graduate that has had little chance to build a buffer but they will survive and learn a valuable lesson (or they were in the poor life decision group but just have not had as much time to compound the stupid).

Keep things closed DT

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I went back and read your first post that I relied to, thinking that I missed something.

Nope.

3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

The ONLY Problem I can see/point out with your post?

You were listening and/or watching NPR news! That BS is SOOOOO Left biased! FT

Britt likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

49938818_10156971985932679_2458896569693372416_n.jpg

auminer and G 97 like this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Are those walls working considering immigration crisis Europe is having?

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You need a geography lesson there Chief. Neither Jordan, Isreal, Saudi Arabia, nor Turkey are in Europe.
    Maybe ask for a globe next Christmas...

G 97 likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

And somehow those Syrians pass through Turkey to get in Europe.
    There are also walls/fences through out the Europe, not just those G posted.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Pass through being the important part of that sentence.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yessir...hundreds of people daily from countries other than Mexico. A lot from the ME...just stop and think about that for a second.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Europe doesn’t have walls. Hence the current immigration crises in Europe.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

A wall is only as effective as the country it’s in wants it to be. The only reason the South American caravan was able to gain entry and pass through Mexico is because Mexico permitted it. Mexico has a vested interest in supporting an open border with the USA so it’s not surprising. Same with Turkey. They don’t want to deal with the issue so they allow passage.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nope what? Never mind you’ve already demonstrated.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

CHERRY PIES MATTER!!

:D

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So went through check-in and security at JFK on Friday AM and TSA-precheck was still open. Took less than 5 minutes to get through. One of my co-workers was on an evening flight out of JFK and he said TSA-pre was closed when he got there....took him an hour to get through the regular security.

Bummer.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ever heard of Melilla?

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Mexico wants an open border with the US because our dollars coming into Mexico exceed what Mexico makes off their oil exports. We're their biggest cash cow...the Rio Grande is the udders.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not in Europe I haven't. :D

20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/loc...schools-cnn-on-reality-that-border-walls-work

LOVE IT when attempts to propagate their BS backfires on the Clinton News Network.

Yeah...I know my cited source is Fox....biased as well. I just like how CNN swept this under the rug because it didn't suit their agenda.

Accosta needs to be reassigned at the very least. When a reporter "becomes the story" in any situation, they are no longer reporting. Any news organization with any integrity would know that's the right thing to do and do it. The weatherman that said the MLK snafu on the air recently, Megan Kelly, Matt Lauer all come to mind. Violated ethics and became the story...fired. At least that's my take on it.