1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hampshire at its best...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Ducti89, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

That article sets a new high for low info.

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. I don't really get the argument. For the most part, LE already aren't allowed to use deadly force to make an arrest. They're supposed to only use deadly force to prevent harm to themselves or others. It's not like they can shoot you in the back if they try to arrest you and you turn and run.

aaronson likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What?

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Here's the bill.

https://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB218/2019

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

19-0307

04/06

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Nineteen

AN ACT relative to the use of deadly force by a law enforcement officer.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 Physical Force in Law Enforcement. Amend RSA 627:5, II to read as follows:

II. A law enforcement officer is justified in using deadly force only when [he] the officer reasonably believes such force is necessary:

(a) To defend himself or herself or a third person from what [he] the officer reasonably believes is the imminent use of deadly force; or

(b) To [effect an arrest or] prevent the escape from custody of a person whom [he] the officer reasonably believes:

(1) Has committed or is committing a felony involving the use of force or violence, is using a deadly weapon in attempting to escape, or otherwise indicates that [he] the person is likely to seriously endanger human life or inflict serious bodily injury unless apprehended without delay; and

(2) [He] The officer had made reasonable efforts to advise the person that he or she is a law enforcement officer [attempting to effect an arrest] and has reasonable grounds to believe that the person is aware of these facts.

(c) Nothing in this paragraph constitutes justification for conduct by a law enforcement officer amounting to an offense against innocent persons whom [he] the officer is not seeking to [arrest or] retain in custody.

2 Repeal. RSA 627:5, VIII, relative to the use of deadly force by a law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest, is repealed.

3 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

EDIT: For some reason, the strike-throughs didn't survive cut and pasting but everything in brackets should have a strike-through.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

@blkduc, do you see anything alarming in this bill?

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Actually, no. Full disclosure-I'm drinking so I might be slower than normal, but after reading the wording, I don't see anything alarming. Fake news?