1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes indeed. They are still cashing the checks of course. Lol
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/nf..._6f6fac3eaa-b456093e9b-21591247#axzz5cFDb86qC

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

DucatiBomber likes this.
  3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Were there some issues with the 365? A buddy recently had a chance to buy one but decided to pass because he said he was seeing people talking about problems with it. I can't remember what it was. Looks like a nice EDC.

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge, however I haven’t researched any problems with the 365 either.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Recall, striker issues and a bunch of random stuff. Lot's of running production changes. I think the internet has basically figured we are on about gen 3 and anything made mid to late of last year is now GTG.

wsmc42 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The P365 still drags the striker across primers when it ejects. Sig's fix was to change the material of the striker rather than eliminate it dragging across spent cases. That was the cause of the early models snapping strikers. Whether or not you see that as a potential problem is up to you.

[​IMG]

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My 365 has a born on date of September/2018. It still has the striker drag and a little spring drag on the magazine but I've had no issues in 500 rounds. Love everything about it and the X-ray sights are great

9. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Don't buy plastic Sig's. They suck.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have two of the 229s and two of the 320s. I have not had a problem with either set of guns.
    All different types of ammo, different magazines, different combos, different barrels.

One of the 320s has had the recall work done, the other has not. Haven't had an issue.

What's your experience been?

11. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

The 365 and 320 have/had issues. Well documented. But we didn't have any problems selling them in the store. Some people just gotta have a Sig. Me personally. I'll stay with my Glock 42 carry gun, my CZ75SPO1 competition gun and my Taurus .38 SS snubby glove box throw away gun.

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

My 320 was one of the early ones and it's been flawless.

13. Jedb

I like the Sig, as it fits my hand better than the G22 & G27 that I had and sold. I also like how my HK-USP fits as well as my S&W 1006/1066 fit.
    It all comes down to what works for the individual. Glock's ergos aren't my friend, and I don't care for the Springfields.

If a gun I had had some mechanical issues that couldn't be rectified by the factory, regardless of brand, it would have been sold, or never purchased. Too valuable a tool to endure a bad one.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So, I got to play with a CMMG Banshee over the weekend. Holy hell that thing was just stupid fun. I don't even want to play with AR's anymore and thinking about getting one for PCC.

I have never done anything with a Form 1 or a Form 4. Is it right that I can buy the pistol now with a "brace" and then properly fill out a Form 1 and use it as is while I wait for approval?

15. Jedb

If you buy a pistol, you would go with a Form 1, as you are the one constructing it.
    It's an easy process. Give me a call if you want and I can walk you through it.

16. Picked up a 226rx a few months ago. Really like it.

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Last weekend I finally got my Noveske 7.5" together. Gissille trigger, Noveske upper/lower, Law folder, SB brace, Aimpoint Micro T2, DD grip, Magpul other crap. It runs smooth as silk, thing rips. VP9 was also flawless.

Got to try out a bunch of other stuff... AK, baby Eagle .40, CZ75 (smooth), a few Kimbers. .308 SCAR has some zip, .357 wheel gun also has some damn zip geezus. Hands down two favorite pistols... Dan Wesson 1911 9mm... that thing felt effortless and amazing. CZ Scorpion with SB brace and red dot super dialed in was like a video game, every single thing you even breath at was on target 100% of the time without question, definitely neato.

Last we did a few on my buddy's .300 win mag Savage Arms with some huge scope on it. Standing behind him off to the side, the concussion wave like compressed your lungs. That thing is totally absurd. And that's all I gots. I want that Wesson... I don't want to spend $1600 on it.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pics you lazy chit.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Food for thought...if you leave it as a pistol, you can follow pistol laws. Such as - carry loaded, carry in your vehicle, and across state lines if you have your carry permit and carry into reciprocal states. There are really nice pistol braces now such as SB tactical and Gearhead Worx tailhook.

IMO, there is no need to SBR for the above reasons and giving the gov $200. Food for thought.

XFBO and DucatiBomber like this.
  20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Until the braces get the ban also or the ATF decides that the brace touching your shoulder constitutes a SBR again.

Have a Sig brace on a pistol AR with .22 upper. Actually find it hard to shoot with your arm in the brace.