1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrew Swenson / ASD "Obit"

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Jan 8, 2019.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Happy too, I apologized and wished him luck.

tittys04 likes this.
  2. k_cotter

k_cotter Well-Known Member

Seriously. Put the pitchforks away, and I think I speak for the group in saying no one gives one fraction of a fuck how many 'Ivey League Grads' work for you. Andrew is a stand up guy that clearly has had a rough go the past few months. The hole public blast because something didn't align with your expectations is so tired. Work it out privately.

Pride & Joy and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

So good. Well done.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m impressed. Usually it takes more than two posts to expose yourself as a whiny little cunt, but @tdelegram is very advanced. No wonder he’s so successful in the corporate world.

Bro, it’s race bodywork. This isn’t life altering shit. You could have painted it yourself in the time you’ve spent trying to be right.

Is it right? No. But it’s how every painter I’ve dealt with operates. Get over it.

noles19 and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I had no idea Chuck/TVR ran a school. Cool that you hired the graduates.

Phl218, tdelegram and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Thanks for unearthing this nugget... no way I was reading all that crap.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What is the Ivey League anyway?

8. k_cotter

k_cotter Well-Known Member

Super successful spelling of ivy league I suppose

bwhip likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that one was solid too. :D

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Why was Chuck hiding that school from us all the time?

11. asab1728

asab1728 Member

I feel this is neither the time or place so I'll just add another awesome pic of a amazing paint job [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mike-guy and Phl218 like this.
  12. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

IMG_0624.jpg

Love me some Swens.
    Drew, you need any help you let me know.

13. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

Ant, that is a great pic! I sure Kas loves it even more as he passes you up the inside!

14. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I can’t even talk shit on this one – he was trying to go around the outside. . .That’s winter so I’m guessing he’s 230 in the pic so he’s up 40lbs and down 75hp to me. . .:mad:what’s worse is when Scholtz went by both of us like we were standing still. Scratch that – he made it look like we had put our bikes in “reverse”. :D

15. joec

joec brace yourself

You should put your order in for stickers from drippenwet. Maybe you'll get those first. ;-)

I will say this. Doing custom work, by yourself, can get grueling. Sales. Bills. Shopwork. Collecting bills.. Invoicing. All while you're trying to live a normal life. Not making any excuses. But it's easy to get bogged down. I don't know Andrew in the slightest, but I do know that most people want to deliver on thier jobs, and if you give it time, I would think he would get it done and deliver.

I know it's frustrating, but keep in mind there might be some pain in the ass calling him every other day wanting to know " whens it going to be done? When's it going to be done? When's it going to be done?" Then other past customers needing stuff for this or that, last week. And I know it's not always easy to stay in touch.. Sometimes you just want to go home, order a pizza, get a shower, and climb into bed before midnight.

(Fwiw.... I'm just tossing gas on the fire. Because ive seen the bitching about drippenwet. Id love to have some asd paint and some cool kruzel graphics but I'm just a cheapskate vintage dude though ;-) )

speedluvn and JBraun like this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

No dog in this fight either...but....every small business that I'm familiar with knows the importance of good communications. RD, STG, Woodcraft all have (or had) their collective sh*t together. Probably the number reason why we love them so much. Genius level skills count for a lot, don't get me wrong, but less than top notch communications can spoil a lot of good will. I know the originator and can appreciate his frustration, who hasn't been in his shoes one time or another?

Phl218 and Laz like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No doubt. I personally can't tolerate much of that and I made a habit of settling for second-best guy for whatever I needed when the guy supposed to be the best was also too much of an "artist."

That said, you can't deny that doucheyness of certain statements when they have absolutely no relevance. :D

noles19 likes this.
  18. joec

joec brace yourself

I agree completely.. But that's a lot easier to do when you have people to do that. All I'm saying.

19. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^
    I’m not privy to the particulars of this situation, but I do know what it’s like to be a one man show and it’s not easy to keep all the balls in the air when bootstrapping a business by yourself...
    In time I was able to offload a lot of responsibility on to others shoulders...
    Was not possible when I was first starting...
    To begin with, painting race skins is not a business that scales particularly well...
    It’s a small market....

BigBird likes this.
  20. mjkuhno

mjkuhno Member

Swens - we love ya buddy! Wish you the best - feeling better and getting back on your feet!!

Here's a shot of Andrew's paint as well as some decal work by Chris Kruzel of Drippin Wet. As others have said the pics don't do the details justice and I'm sorry to say that the bodywork doesn't look like this currently.

[​IMG]

WANABE RACER likes this.