1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Congrats!

One day I'm going to compile all of these into one big "I TOLD YOU SO" thread :D

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

r1madman and 418 like this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Who have you told what? Literally EVERYONE I’ve seen has agreed that it can and does work for lots of people. However, it is NOT the best or only way to do so. I don’t know why I’m bothering to try and explain it again ... I’m apparently an idtio. :dead:

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I had Cheetos for breakfast.

7. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

stick with it. you're through the hard part. drink all the water. also can't recommend leafy greens enough. G/L

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Thanks. I’ve had a spinach salad for lunch every day this week but that isn’t sustainable. I figured I’d go with a protein and veg for lunch all next week. I guess I’ll try to keep an eye on leefy not just green.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I got into a really good routine early on: Protein and veg for dinner, same protein chopped up in a huge salad with raw veg, cheese, olives, olive oil, peppers, hard boiled egg, etc for lunch the next day. It was much better than making a bunch of the same thing and eating it all week.

cBJr likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

Been at it since the 1st. 6lbs so far.

I'm not trying too hard. About 50 carbs a day. So it's not even hardcore keto.

People that say it doesn't work or it's "bad" can blow me. It's the only diet that actually works and I can stick with for more than a few days.

rocalotopus and BigBird like this.
  11. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Lot of truth in THIS... it's easier and more convenient to hit that $1 menu at the McFatAss than shop for the/prepare/consume/clean up after eating the good stuff. While a lot of healthy options are ridiculously more costly than racer fuel ramen, there are options out there.

12. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

way more fat, less protein. you can make damn near anything a salad. i make big ass taco salads with fatty beef (browned in real olive oil) all the cheddar cheese and avocado. i would also recommend making breakfast your biggest meal of the day, by some distance. lunch can become an afterthought

only counts when dipped in tomato soup.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm usually the opposite. Coffee in the morning, and then lunch and then maybe

Sent from my smatrfone

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Without doing this, does this mean I won't be in the "ketosis" zone?

15. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

no, but with fat, you'll feel more full, and your kidneys will thank you

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Opinions differ, but without going through a period of adaptation where you eat low carbs and extremely high fat, WITHOUT cutting calories, your body is not going to be prepared to take full advantage of ketosis and it’s own stores of fat. You’ll wind up losing a bit of muscle to glucogenesis and your metabolism will slow down while it tries to figure things out.

17. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

opinions certainly do differ.

i mainly hear the muscle loss thing from meatheads/gym bros.

even if that were true in a meaningful way, nobody here is playing middle linebacker next year.

if there was ever a thing that rewarded discipline, this is it.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But more muscle means more metabolism. That’s the main thing I’d be concerned about, but still, no reason to give up muscle mass if you don’t to.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I started this year heavier than I've ever been, so I'd like to cut weight for sure. But the most important thing to me is to get in better shape. I've been away from racing for too long and have decided to take it semi-seriously for once. I've been hitting the gym every night after work and really just view food as fuel to be able to workout harder/longer. I'm also in the worst shape I've ever been, so just getting started has been a chore. I ran a marathon 10 years ago and now a mile feels like it's going to kill me.

Tomorrow will probably be my first chance to really guage some progress and see if I can increase my workout. Up to now, it's felt like I've just been getting my muscles to "wake up".

rocalotopus likes this.
  20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I do my carb refeeds under stress.
    Sometimes people wonder how I am so thin.
    I just can't afford a new wardrobe and keto IF when my pants start getting a bit tight. :crackup:
    Isthishealthy.jpg

Usually a toss up between vanity and gluttony with me.

rocalotopus and BigBird like this.