1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica transportation

Discussion in 'General' started by daracing13, Jan 11, 2019.

1. daracing13

daracing13 Well-Known Member

ADR Motorsports is looking at options for our second semi, at this stage we are leaning towards not running it this year but if we can get costs covered and maybe help some people out we will run it this this season.

We are looking for people who are willing to commit to a full season of transportation, this would include your bike and all essential items you need to go racing, it will include a spot under the awning and full access to the team semi.

You are looking at $1500-$2500 a race weekend depending on how many riders we put under there. It sure beats taking time off work and driving your own vehicle all over the country plus you will be pitted in a prime location and not stuffed in the back corner.

Please reach out if you would like any further information.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What are the CDL requirements? Class A or ?

thanks

3. daracing13

We transport and you fly in. I’m not looking for a driver.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ahah, very sorry for the misunderstanding.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This is a solid deal! The exposure alone from being in a semi would be worth it!

Flights and a rental car and you’re set

tittys04 likes this.
  6. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I feel like this would be a great way to get more bikes on the grid for MA. If I was younger and more competitive than I am it would definitely consider this option. One of the big thing for me, and I’m sure others, is the time needed to travel to tracks to race. This does sound very economical for getting all you need to race to the track. My question though is, what happens in between rounds with everything? How do you get work done on the bike and do you pay by square footage that your stuff occupies in the hauler?

5axis and rcarson15 like this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

"Arrive and drive" is very popular in SCCA Racing. I see no reason why it wouldn't work in MA.

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

9. daracing13

California

10. 418

418 Expert #59

He's not offering arrive and drive here.

He's offering transportation of your own equipment.

11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I may be I'm touch. I'm waiting on a quote from another team at this time.

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Cool offer, good luck! I am not in the market, but am curious what the logistics are for dealing with crash damage in between rounds. How does that work?

5axis likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I think that is all on you.... transportation is transportation... it doesn’t cover your equipment, race fee’s or crash damage etc..if you wad your shit up it’s gonna be laying under a ez up of a 18 Wheeler at the next round... well maybe not but you get the idea.. I am sure he would work with you on getting parts shipped.. good deal for those that can do it..

418 likes this.
  14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

That's a good question. If you live 2000 miles away from where the home shop is, how do you even do the basic post race maintenance and cleaning?

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

On Thursday before the next event.

track wagon, Robby-Bobby and t11ravis like this.
  16. daracing13

So a few people have asked this same question. There is not a professional team in the paddock that goes home after every race. For us we are at our home base for the west coast races but on the road for all the east coast events.
    Thursday is used to prep bikes, change motors etc. If need be we sometimes stay a day later or come in a day early.

5axis likes this.
  17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight.