1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP MotoGP new MA spec fuel

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Jan 10, 2019.

1. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Just got an email stating VP Fuels will be the new spec MotoAmerica fuel, specifically VP MotoGp. 12.00 per gallon and sold in 15 gallon kegs only. It will be available in about 2 weeks.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

And hopefully the change doesn't mess up any engine development the teams have already done prepping for 2019.

I for one, am happy to see the split off from the other spec fuel. Just because that brand has such a dominant market share in American racing due to their long standing
    association with CRAPcar.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I hope they're not "only" available in 15 gallon drums.

drop likes this.
  4. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

It’s a spec fuel in the sense that it’s an FIM standard. It will be very close to any of the FIM spec fuel, Sunoco, Panta,Elf,Agip all blend an FIM spec.
    In regard to the 15 gallon kegs that’s all that will be for sale at MA events, dealers might get smaller pails.

5. dmj_88

dmj_88 Active Member

Lower octane but slightly oxygenated. I’m curious what difference it will have on power/torque curves.

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

So better than U4.4? Because this shit cost more!! VP has it for sale in 5 gallon drums on thier website.

Johnny B likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Gas comes in drums ... Beer comes in kegs .. milk comes in pails .. :D

TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's available in 5 gal pales for $100 retail. I believe they are offering it to MA teams for the $12 a gal pricing if they buy the bigger drums.

rcarson15 likes this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Very doubtful. U4.4 is leaded, has a higher oxygen content and higher octane. On paper, the MGP looks similar to Apex. The Apex gave us some challenges with high compression combined with the dual plug SV heads which are notoriously prone to detonation. We'll see how the MGP does.

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Interesting. I am not fast enough to use race fuel but VP does seem the choice for club racers too. Most of the poeple club racing are either using u4.4 or Mr12 though.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'm probably a outsider but I preferred the 15 gallon drums. I can't remember a weekend when I ever used a single 5 gallon pail.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

50. Go big or go home.

:)

G 97 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, that is damn near a perfect setup for a mean metalhead joke but I'm not taking the bait. Nope, kinder, gentler Dave K in 2019 and shit. :D

track wagon likes this.
  14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I would be suprised if this is anything more than a lateral move...
    Yeah, the Dyno guy’s love the MR12 and 4.4 crap but this is pretty much Apex from a different source. Maybe it will atleast smell like race fuel when it is burning...

15. Hyperdyne

Those are Dave Gray numbers right there. I can't hang with that budget LOL :D

16. Hyperdyne

Horsepuckey... You tried that nicer, gentler, DaveK stuff before and look where it got ya. I ain't payin' for some watered down version. I want the full monkey!

joec likes this.
  17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

"Spec racing" with MR12 or U4.4 costs, is slightly counter-intuitive. LOL.

track wagon likes this.
  18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Only with the junk stuff. Can't have the good stuff sitting around that long. :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are there MotoGP teams using this fuel?

20. Hyperdyne

I learned that lesson the hard way. :(