1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

That is the puzzlement. Why has the current situation been accepted for so long unless someone (or lots of someones) is making serious bank off the status quo. Not talking about some fenceblock guy trying to cut costs by hiring a few illegals or some politician (D or R) using the 'immigration issue' as a centerpiece. There has to be some serious money involved somewhere to create legislative inertia of this magnitude.

2. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Just bought it - curious what it has to say - thanks!

G 97 likes this.
  3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually diversity is not at all crucial. Making a nuclear reactor requires a focused skill set that is unaffected by the race or gender but only by those who possess the skill set. Of course if you are racist you would claim one race is either critical or lacking.

cav115 likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Following the paths set by others to build and operate a nuclear reactor, no... no diversity required.

To go from the first notion in someone's mind that splitting the atom could yield power, to flicking a switch and a light coming on... that's gonna require diversity.

EDIT: A toothpaste manufacturer was having hell getting the fluoride, with came in a powder, into their gel toothpaste without making a huge mess. Their best engineers were stumped. They hired consultants, all were stumped. They spent millions trying to figure out this simple problem.

One of the C suite guys was talking about it at a family BBQ. His brother in law was an electrician journeyman. He suggested applying a slight negative charge to the vat of gel & a positive charge to the container of fluoride.

Voila.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Visit a chicken plant, feed lot, slaughterhouse, strawberry field, restaurant back house, or construction site. HUGE money involved, all subsidized via the American tax payer via social programs for underpaid imported slave labor. IMO, its a crime the way we facilitate this with the greatest victim being the illegal worker getting paid substandard wages, with no legal recourse for abuses, no representation, limited options for growth, etc.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And all of this keeps wages down for unskilled/low-skilled labor.

7. auminer

Whoops

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...t-providing-workers-compensation-coverage.amp

The irony of this woman is pretty astonishing. The reason she ran for office in the first place was that the restaurant that she worked at was closing its doors due to the undue economic pressure of the NYC $15 minimum wage laws.

So she heads off to Washington to see how many more restaurants she can put out of business?

kangasj likes this.
  8. sheepofblue

Perfect your example has DICK to do with diversity. It was a multiple people and a team effort. One guy made a statement of insight and other people with more skill took it and created an implementation. I notice there was no mention of which people were women. Nor the number of people from Pakistan, Poland nor Polynesian Islands was mentioned. In short when the virtue of 'diversity' is promoted it has NOTHING to do with your example. Instead you described a team of people and those in control were smart enough to listen to those they paid to gather insight as much as their own skill. You could go on to describe the sticky note creator as an accidental creation. You could add in the A Bomb where some happened to be foreign or moon landing were there were woman and hillbillies involved with a German. In the end you still describe skilled PEOPLE in most cases leveraging the skill of others in addition to their own. No quotas no counting of how many dudes vs chicks. No counting which religions were represented nor the average of combined pigmentation in the room. Nope just people. Diversity is the new Democrat party racism. They changed from KKK to the university diversity center but the stupidity is the same.

cav115 and speeddaddy like this.
  9. auminer

By golly jeez! You're right!

Let's kill all them filthy wimminz and furrinerz.

:rolleyes:

Or, perhaps we could recognize the fact that even a group of 30 year old white male heterosexuals can be "diverse".

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don’t hire I’m just glad to have them on my team. The any female point is ridiculous, as these are skilled engineers.

Honestly, I’m torn. I hate the idea of meeting some quota but I do feel like the office environment is net positive to have a diverse team.

The immigrant point might come down to compensation and type of work. My group does finite element analysis that can be mentally taxing to do day in/out. It’s hard to find anybody willing to do this work for more than a year.

11. In Your Corner

We do recognize that any group can be diverse, but the term "diversity" as used currently refers to
    a required mix of people regarding race and gender and ethnicity.
    The first requirement is not ability but being the black on the team or the Asian on the team
    or the woman or whatever.
    The contention is that a group of 5 white male engineers will be inferior to a group of
    5 engineers made up of a black woman, an Asian man, a Spanish transexual, a gay white woman,
    and an Eskimo of undetermined gender simply because the white engineers aren't diverse.
    It's illogical.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Diversity is a SJW tag line to make them feel like they are doing good for the poor minority who "can't take care of themselves".

You either posses the skills to do a job or you don't. The organ between your legs or the pigment of your skin has fuck all to do with it.

13. auminer

I don't know who's making that contention. Certainly not me. Please don't presume to define what I mean when I say "diverse". I could give a shit what the SJWs definition of it is.

Basing their diversity upon nothing more than skin tones and sexual proclivities will not yield a more capable team. Basing their diversity upon the life experiences that differing backgrounds will have exposed each team member to will result in a more capable team.

Filling quotas is retarded. Hiring based solely upon merit is the best way to get a good team.

2blueYam likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

You really need to look in the mirror as that has ZERO to do with what I posted. Sorry but YOUR thinking was the racist one as I did not care if they were all white dudes or all native american women. Diversity as you assume is just a code name for racism and quotas. I choose people on value. If I am working on their effort, knowledge etc. On personal interactions based upon how they treat me and others. Not on looks pigmentation etc.

Though on dogs.... there is Shelties and lesser dogs....

15. sheepofblue

If you choose the best you will get a mix of some sort as stupid comes in all races and both genders just as smart does.

If you have 100 employees and they are all white you likely have a problem with your hiring as I find it improbable that the best was 100 times a white male when the population of graduated engineers is mixed. But again this is not a diversity issue it is your hiring is likely failing to find the best and needs repair. From what I have heard VT is pretty pale so in that state it might be OK (well again except for the ratio of qualified females are missing totally).

16. In Your Corner

Everything north of Massachusetts is pretty pale with a few localized exceptions.

17. auminer

Oh. OK.

I get it now. You just want to argue without even making a point.

Gotcha. :beer:

Carryon.

18. sheepofblue

Like explaining tints of blue to a blind guy.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't forget all of the various government workers, aid workers, healthcare workers, even law enforcement workers, that are employed to assist or combat this on both sides of the problem, and all of the people in the supply chains for all of those occupations. Shoot, if we managed to clean up the fraud, and waste, and actually get people off of welfare, we'd need a new welfare program to employ all the government employees laid off from closing the welfare offices :crackup:

Fonda Dix likes this.