1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here come the Dems newest gun control bill.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 8, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It’s then a distributed registry. I don’t give a damn how you want to slice it, I did everything legally. The hoodlums in inner city USA more than likely don’t.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Because shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed. An oath of office to defend the Constitution means all of it not just the parts you desire. I think we will agree that politicians of all stripes fail the second test to often and seldom make it their first test of what should be done.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It is already law that every firearm purchase from every store require a background check. Including online purchases.
    This law is flat out intentionally incorrect. Like everything stated by every dem, it is based on lies. Intentionally.
    If people were actually given factual information, they would know this law is not necessary because all commercial firearm purchases include a background check. Yes, even purchases made from stores that have booths at gun shows.

Killswitch likes this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This right here.

Britt likes this.
  5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Guns bought and sold by private individuals don’t go through background checks. That’s the “loophole” dems keep pushing. Of course there is no way to track items bought and sold privately so it’s moot.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Right, but that isn't what they are saying. They intentionally lie about it.
    There is no loophole, there are black and white laws and all sales through stores have background checks. All online sales go through stores and thus have background checks. Today. With current law. But instead, they lie. They fearmonger to push their lies.
    The push to make individuals perform background checks is utterly moronic. One would have to be a dem sheep with a low IQ (yeah, redundant, I know) to think they are possible, let alone a good idea.

Britt likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, no surprise, she's a maroon.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is good example for the morons who said nobody cares about bump stocks. Big deal, go ahead and ban them. Why complain?
    This is why.
    Get a fkn clue people. The Dems want everything. They will not be happy until they can repeal 2A in totality.

TurboBlew, crashman, blkduc and 3 others like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is totally different than the bump stock goofy, she won't get anywhere with this.

13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

fuck her,,,term limits.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Apparently Oregon looked at the feds and said "hold my beer". 5 round mag cap. No grandfathering of already owned mags. Ammo purchases limited to 20 rounds per month. No chance in hell it passes as is, but my theory that we would be at a 10 round limit by 2020 is looking more and more likely every day out in the great northwest.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

but but they are "law makers"... what happens after its made they dont care! :D

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Have there been a rash of "mass shootings" in Oregon?

"Knee Jerk": To react in a very predictable way, without thinking.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

As has been said many times before, this shit is not about guns, it is about control. One thing I will say about the Dems is they are willing to play the long game and take small concessions knowing that it will get them closer to the goal. I do not forsee them stopping until they achieve their end goal, which I believe is confiscation of all firearms. Fortunately I will be dead and gone long before they even get close.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I just don’t see it ever happening. They’ve been working on this “end game” for decades and gun ownership is at an all time high, and growing. It’s just another dog and pony show. Dems get to pander to their base so they can rake in donations and get re-elected (and pubs on the flip side), firearms market increases profits (you think ANY of them are happy about the Trump Slump), and lobbyists on both sides get rich.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I swear Democrats are the funniest of all human species, it looks like they're all trying to outdo one another with these BS gun laws and restrictions. I don't know if it's already been discussed but Gov. Cuomo is trying to get passed a mandatory MILLION DOLLAR insurance plan for all gun owners. I give them credit for coming up with different ways to spend gun owners out of ownership.

Meanwhile in NJ:
    "The plan would raise the cost for handgun purchase permits from $2 to $50; firearms identification cards from $5 to $100; handgun carry permits from $50 to $400; retail gun dealer licenses from $50 to $500; and wholesaler/manufacturer licenses from $150 to $1,500, among other hikes."

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/murphy_wants_to_make_it_more_expensive_to_buy.html

Scumbags the whole lot of them, not so much for the pov on guns but moreso for their hypocrisy, you know damn well most of them are owners and exempt themselves from these laws they impose on the 'common folk'.