1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Or employment authorization card but you get temporary SSN with it that is valid for work only. Think this is what most have to be able to work legally while in process.
    And it has to be renewed every year (with fee).

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

God damn, if I have to hear the word "crisis" one more time. Righties sound just as ridiculous as lefties when they exaggerate issues with this word. Illegal immigration and the issues surrounding it are decades old, it might be a problem, but it's not a crisis.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not necessarily true. Under ACA reporting rules, they do, in fact, verify SSN’s when that annual reporting is completed. So ... no, they don’t verify them for tax purposes. But they DO verify them under other regulations.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Congress needs to do their damn job and pass a budget that does not depend on continuing resolution.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But, it’s worked for the past 75 years. If it ain’t broke ...

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The flu isn't a crisis until you wind up in intensive care. This shits been going on long enough and we finally have a president who isn't kicking the can down the road.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Except it’s growing exponentially.

galloway840 and Fonda Dix like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They've gotten away with it. It hasn't worked.

cav115 likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The article I read stated that there were checks, but they were never followed up on (basically nobody cared, as long as the money was paid).

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not true. I personally fired 12 people because they weren’t able to resolve the issue. IRS kicked back the report and wouldn’t accept it. In order to adhere to the reporting requirements, it had to be cleaned up.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What field? The lady I talked to was an HR rep in hotel/restaurant.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

This is getting funny. The marxist media keeps posting stories about the Republicans being ready to crumble and nonsense like this:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

Be interesting to see the 'saw' especially since at least one looks like it was partially cut with a torch. I suspect this might have been a test set to see how long cutting through would take. After all these poor people are just coming to take jobs Americans won't so they are bringing their acetylene torches and concrete saws.

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Maybe they could also buy a rocket launcher in Baltimore and blow the wall away.

jrsamples likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And the 3/4 open was funded by regular order budgeting. The CR nonsense has not been 75 years, though if momory serves Obama never presented a budget as required by law.

15. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

The wall is not a 100% solution, it is a DETERRENT designed to make it much more difficult to cross the border.

Combine the wall with properly funded ICE and CBP and we should be able to decrease ILLEGAL immigration dramatically.

The amount needed to fund the wall will be spent on engineers, masons, steel workers, and an awful lot of materials from AMERICAN companies, employing thousands of workers and supporting businesses in the process.

It is an investment not only in a more secure southern border, but also in companies and employees that pay taxes.

ryoung57 likes this.
  16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What moron said it was a 100% solution? :confused:

17. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

Every talking head saying "the wall is a waste of money and won't do anything"...

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I'm only a fan of the wall because my non-PC answer would be hell no, don't spend that much fuggin' money on a damn wall...and make it open season down there and offer a $5k reward for each scalp those crazy Texans can get. :D

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It probably took an hour or better to make that cut, and it’s not even that big. Border Patrol would have responded and arrested them long before they ever got through

sheepofblue likes this.