1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"You're coming through broken and stupid."
    <drops the mic>

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

3. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't have any issues on the site other than normal popups.

As for his proposal - sounds great but did the US actually get 14 billion in seizures from El Chapo?

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Sums up the issue??? WTF are you talking about.

What problem do you have with a wall along the southern border?

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just the fact that it's not needed and the entire situation is a made up crisis. That's about it. Oh, and the fact that it doesn't solve a single issue regarding bad things getting into our country.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Welcome to last week Chuck!

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/federal-government-shutdown.357521/page-6#post-5456301

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Made up. That’s funny. So you don’t belive that illegals are a problem?

So what’s going to solve the issues?

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Also for anyone pro-marijuana, anyone notice in Trumps speech last night he didnt mention it as an illegal drug when he listed them at the beginning?

ryoung57 likes this.
  10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Do you lock your doors at night or when you go out of town? Totally unnecessary.
    I suppose that Banks and Stores shouldn't lock the vault or door when they are closed either... hell the TSA and Cops are a waste of time also.
    Who needs a Military?? Waste of $$$

NewsFlash: Crime and Shit is a "Made Up Crisis"

galloway840 likes this.
  11. rd400racer

I don't think there is an issue to solve because I don't believe there is a problem. It's simply a hot-button topic that get's certain people emotionally involved. That's what politicians like to prey on...and I'm talking about both sides! It simply keeps the genpops attention away from the real problems in our country.

You know what I want? I want both sides to be more pissed off about the fact that our country lags so far behind in education than similar countries. I want people to be more pissed off about the fact that our entire infrastructure is crumbling under our feet.

But nah...let's divert our rage on a brown man that might climb a fence and pick some fruit that nobody else in our country wants to pick.

jase and SuddenBraking like this.
  12. rd400racer

Damn your a scared individual. And for the record, I don't lock my doors often. But besides that, what in the hell are you babbling about?!?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly being involved in racing I know a number of people who live near the border and a number who are LEOs in the area, they all see a huge problem. It's nice that one cafe in one town does not.

Skter505 and sheepofblue like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It won't solve all of them, duh. But it will absolutely solve a number of them even if all it does is make it harder to cross illegally. Just that alone will deter a number of people.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And he is on trial, not convicted.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You said:
    I replied...

Scared? I rarely lock my doors, keys are always in my cars at the house... but I don't live in the city.
    The Border shit isn't "made up", we have family in McAllen TX..stories have been ongoing for YEARS.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

OK I will bite. How many billions are spent in the school systems on illegal aliens and their off spring? How much resources are spent on English as a second language programs? I suspect both pale in comparison to the cost of a wall. Oh and the wall is one large expenditure followed by maintenance while the issues I posted above are not just recurring costs they are increasing with time.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He could literally sway millions of current democrats to vote for him by legalizing the stuff at the federal level

19. rd400racer

You also replied with this...

"I suppose that Banks and Stores shouldn't lock the vault or door when they are closed either... hell the TSA and Cops are a waste of time also.
    Who needs a Military?? Waste of $$$"

Hence my comment as to what you were babbling about. How you extrapolated that out of my original comments regarding border security makes no sense to me.

And I don't disagree that things happen at the border, just not the scale or depravity that is being falsely reported.

20. rd400racer

Billions?!? Seriously?