1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here come the Dems newest gun control bill.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Smoke and mirrors. Especially the comment about commercial sales, they already require a background check.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They want to increase mass shootings, after all most mass shooters went through a background check :timeforabeer:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just keep plugging away with buying ammo. Just like a 401k, regular contributions over time can add up. Of course I suppose I should get a couple of guns as well. Maybe some day.

K51000 likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just in our Beloved Baltimore.....

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/balt...micides-i-team-breaks-out-statistics/25728965

According to a breakdown of the 2018 homicides as prepared by Baltimore police, 84 percent of the victims had arrest records, 86 percent of the suspects have arrest records and half of them had prior arrests for violent crimes.
    • Homicide victims with previous arrest records: 83.8 percent
    • Homicide victims with previous gun crime arrests: 48.5 percent
    • Homicide victims who were on parole/probation at the time of death: 24.9 percent
    • Homicide victims who had been previously shot in a nonfatal shooting: 19.4 percent
    • Homicide suspects with previous arrest records: 85.6 percent
    • Homicide suspects with previous gun crime arrests: 44.4 percent
    • Homicide suspects who were on parole/probation at the time of incident: 30 percent

So HOW is passing more gun laws going to help reduce the murder rate when those committing the murders have no regard for the law...AND neither did those that they killed?

"Common Sense" Gun Laws won't even begin to impact or reach these people (If you can call them that) because they have NO common sense.

I'm sure there are Programs in place to provide opportunities outside the Narcotics business that have been created to try to give these people an Out, but the lure of the big money fast, doesn't entice most of them to seek these external opportunities that are laid out on a platter for them.

So more valuable legislative time and government money wasted on order to serve an agenda simply motivated to gain future votes, and guarantee someone's political career so they don't have to get a job....instead of solving real problems.

Not that the aforementioned stats don't clearly indicate a problem...because they do...just that this problem doesn't want to be solved.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

So honest question, other than "mah guns!" why veto this? We've already established that its redundant, and not going to solve actual crime. So why not let it pass, and then when nothing changes, Dems cant argue that repubs did nothing. Seems like this is a good way to show that these laws do nothing. But if its vetoed, and nothing changes, the Dems can say the repubs hate children and shit when something does happen.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Toomey is one of my Senators, the other one (Casey) is even worse. I wish we could ditch Philly, give it to NJ perhaps, then we could actually have some representatives who reflect most of PA.....

Will929, StaccatoFan and Photo like this.
  9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because is is The Wrong Thing to Do.... for exactly the reasons you listed.
    Those are Not reasons to pass yet more restrictions on law abiding citizens.

"Two more cookies won't make her fat, just let her have them, maybe she will shut up for awhile"

turtlecreek and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It's a lose/lose either way. When it doesn't work, they will claim they need more laws and the cycle repeats itself. If the pubs cave and allow it to pass, it effects their voter base for caving on 2A.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not to mention it sets the baseline for a national registry...

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You guys fail to understand that the gun industry LOVES gun laws (and especially talk of them). Nothing sells guns like the threat of them being banned.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Like the threat of snow for the milk and bread store shelves??:D

GixxerBlade likes this.
  14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

With the advent of computers and FFL licenses for most purchases (via mail order), don't you think "they" already know where 80% of the guns are already? Universal back ground checks is just another way to build up the data base to get closer to 100%. When they get to that point then confiscation can begin. It won't be immediate, they simply have to ratchet the laws preventing ownership....speeding ticket? No guns for you! Posted something considered anti-government...ditto.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No fail here... It is called The TrumpSlump.. one of my Sons was at a dealer gun trade show yesterday, he said that was the big topic.. Slumping Sales may end with the new Congress.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For me the main reason is more useless laws are bad. I also feel they should every year go back through the laws on the books and nuke all the absolutely ridiculous and outdated shit.

badmoon692008, TurboBlew and stk0308 like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. I have a friend that was in gun sales in 2016. They were going like gangbusters with everyone thinking Hillary would win. Prices were through the roof. Then Trump was elected and shops were left with huge inventories of guns who's values had been cut in half over night.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Gun laws have passed. And passed and passed again. Then when some fuck tard shoots 20 people somewhere yet again, they want more gun laws because the existing ones were not effective in stopping the fuck tard from getting guns to go all fuck tard.

And once those laws are on the books and found to be dumb they don’t come off the books. They just get added to the pile of gun laws that make Common Sense enforcement of the laws as well as interpretation of said laws harder. Some laws step on the toes of others. That clogs up our courts.

As far as registries. I registered my guns when I bought them. My name was associated with the serial number when I bought them on the paperwork I filled out as a legal gun owner.

Do you think any of the suspects and victims I cited in my first post here had their guns in a registry or had paperwork and background checks before ownership when they went to the legal gun store in Baltimore to buy their gun they used in their kills (sarcasm)?

Proud of this lady. The legal gun owner won in this case.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-wi...ould-be-robber-at-chicago-bus-stop-police-say

19. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

The Federal Government does not have the paperwork(Form 4473)that associates you with a particular firearm you purchased from an FFL holder. And they don't know how many or what type of guns you own. Unless they are NFA weapons. These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974 and cannot be disclosed by the government to private parties or other government officials except in accordance with the Privacy Act. The FFL dealer has these forms and holds onto your 4473 for the next 20 years, unless he goes out of business or otherwise lets his FFL expire. Then he sends all his 4473s to the ATF, who stick them in a warehouse. I believe they destroy them after a certain amount of time. But not sure about that. The serial number of a gun is only traceable to the last person that filled out a Form 4473 on that serial number. The official paper trail ends when a firearm is sold privately.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Unless you live in one of those Communist places that requires registration.

badmoon692008 likes this.