1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to read another credible source as I don’t memorize every post that you contribute.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Color me stunned.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

TX -- I recognize that, and also that you have significantly more critical thinking exhibited in your posts than most of the simpletons* here, hence I re-linked it.
    It's not a perfect analysis, but the CIS has some major flaws that CATO does not. Britt -- that's what I mean regarding the manifest difference between a (conservative, mind you) thinktank and a lobbyist group. One has bias, sure, we all do, but there a processes to keep it in check. An advocacy group. like a defense attorney, filters information to get to the answer they want.

Carry on (especially you Acree, you're such a fun guy).

*i'm gonna pay for that. :D

Britt likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I shall endeavor to persevere.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She gets checked more because she says so many obviously wrong things. The rest of them aren't as blatant in their stupid.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Simpletons.... that made me chuckle.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think way too many people are taking a discussion about illegal immigration and making it about nationalism and thinking the dislike also carries over to legal immigrants - that isn't the case with anyone I know. Everyone is cool with legal immigrants. Everyone is cool with diversity and understand that's why the US is a great as it is. Doesn't change how they feel about illegals - no matter how they get here.

This isn't about nationalism/populism. That's merely a spin done by those who for some reason want illegals to be able to get in and stay.

Britt likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well no shit.

This isn’t the point. Illegals are illegals. All crimes committed by illegals can be 100% eliminated by removing all illegals. I like the way the whacko liberals try and justify it by talking rates of crime. As if to justify it because it’s lower. GTFO.

In the words the of the great divider, Obama, if we can save just one child. LOL. He was the master of the end justify the means regardless.
    But as always, orange man bad.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey, if you’re an elitist prick, you have to use those terms. LOL.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The opposite has been written in plain text right here in the dungeon. The truth often comes out at night after people have had a few. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I'm sure there are a handful of idiots on here who feel that way - totally ignoring how their families got here of course. I'm talking about normal actual thinking humans :D

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That stat incorporates the true immigrants and thus is misleading (on purpose by those that created it).

But even still despite your saying folks have a yea but...

100% commit a crime being here
    The good ones that just want to work are either doing it under the table (law broken) or with identity fraud.
    The bad ones speak for themselves
    The chillllldren are stealing resources that could be used for LEGAL US citizens (that includes children of LEGAL immigrants).

So no they are not better than native born nor naturalized citizens.

13. sheepofblue

Hey there is a democrat saying anyone the opposes them is a simpleton! Shocking!
    Sheep_surprise.jpg

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Here is a simple ton of grinded corn cobs.
    126A3A79-472E-4651-9CC6-06838A530B6B.jpeg

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

"Diversity" is a big don't care unless you are a racist. Why is someone more valuable to set next to because their race is the same or different than yours? (not aimed at you Mongo just the general repetition that it is somehow a value).

If your doctor set your broken bone excellent and takes care of things does it matter if it is one of the x% in the hospital that happen to be female? Do you heal faster if your doctor is a pasty white dude rather than someone with Indian heritage? Is the plumber more efficient because they or their parents hailed from the Middle East?

Diversity as a feature is just another Democrat example of racism that is truly irrelevant.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Depends on the diversity we are talking about. If it is a diversity of culture or background, that can be valuable in certain businesses. Marketing, the arts, sciences and education just to name a few. Cultural diversity frequently goes along with skin color, but not always of course.

In any case, the decision to be diverse or not should be entirely up to the business. The government should have nothing to do with forcing or encouraging businesses to be diverse. Just as an FYI, many businesses today are proactively seeking to be diverse as there are just not enough pasty white men to get the jobs done anymore. They want to be seen as attractive to the employees of the future because the percentage of pasty white men in the workforce is continuing to decline.

Government agencies may wish to be diverse in order to best understand and be able to provide appropriate services. The transportation department might want people (of any color) that grew up not having access to a car so they would better be able to understand and meet their transportation needs. Less of that diversity would be necessary if the government stopping overdoing it with the amount of services they provide.

17. sheepofblue

My point stands though I understand. However the value is not 'diversity' it is a skill set. That is 100% different. For instance if I am hiring marketeers to work in Asia it matters that they will be fluent. Thus my employees may be biased more towards Asian immigrants or those descended from them (non-English spoken at home growing up). I did not hire them for their diversity I hired them for a needed skill, again the diversity didn't add a thing. Rather I would point out that in my example if I hired a more 'diverse' set of workers I would have to remove what appeared as bias thus getting a talent pool that has less skill, something bad for business.

EDIT: as to the government argument of they have to be of the same race/gender to support people that is flat racist and sexist. If that is incorrect we need to fire a ton of teachers as the male to female ratio does not match the general population.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Going to your example, if your company is only marketing to Asians it that would make sense. If you company sells in many markets, it would be good for your company to have a diverse marketing team, even if that isn't a team that you are hiring specifically for right now. So hire what is best for your company, but sometimes what is best is diversity.

Lets say you are asked to develop an ad program for a major fizzy drink product. They want it to play well in as many cultures as possible. You also don't want to do anything stupid like GM did when they marketed the Nova to a Spanish speaking population. So you want a diverse team working on the project or at least available within your company to consult on the project. So I guess you could call the ability to fully understand a given culture a skill, but even then you would be looking for a diverse skill set to work on a project like that. That is cultural diversity and in certain business (not all) it can be an asset.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No, you're a simpelton for failing to see the histogram for illegals with lower rates (no doubt because you didn't look.) Well, that and a history of dumbass posts.
    Quoted for its humor and parsec-level miss. :D

20. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

No joke can you get totes of Pelletized corn cobs? We use them in cattle feed and they can be a bitch to get