1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tats...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

You’re a vegan crosfitter? Tell me about it :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I have more respect for the IDGAF people who just enjoy the gag than I do for the ones trying to convince me that the random Chinese characters on their back, neck, or rib cage have some sort of deep philosophical meaning.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My favorite tattoo is when Steve-O got a tattoo of Steve-O on his back.

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That was awesome

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Aww come on you can’t compare tattoos and XXXL spandex, hell you cant compare nothing to that. I will be first to agree on a size ban on those things. Should not be able to wear something that you can stretch out and catch falling trapeze artist with.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What’s worse than that is that “shaping” spandex that’ll make a gooey pile of cellulite and sag look like a firm booty. Crap should be illegal!

gixxerreese likes this.
  7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I got super small tits that were trashed by two little monkeys swinging from them, and 4 tattoos. I am completely comfortable with myself, I need no validation from the outside world about what I do to my body. The first two were completely covered and no one would see them unless I took my clothes off - the last two are my children's names on my wrists - they have not prevented me from working in a management position - When I go to job interviews, I cover up the wrist tattoos with makeup JIC and would have no problem doing that daily if required. All of my tattoos are important to me and hold meaning. They map my journey through this mortal coil.

But the cool thing is: you don't need to like it - none of it is for you. (Meaning any other person on the planet)
    Anyone that doesn't want to look at my ink or my flat chest when I am in a bikini is welcome to find another home-girl to appreciate at the beach. :)

And holy hell was that rib-cage tattoo euphoric in-process - it's easy to see why some people are covered in ink.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I agree. However folks in some professions need to be aware that it can be a problem for some folks. We have employees that do not like to frequent our wellness center when on of the Nurse Practitioners is on duty. She has a lot of tats and piercings. I think the issue is more the piercings, but some of those uncomfortable are not the old curmudgeons like me.

9. CausticYarn

Right - if you lose out on a job because of it - that is your own damn fault - it isn't discrimination because you look like a human chalk board on a sidewalk that needs to represent the company.
    In public service positions, I understand completely. Most medical professions do not allow visible tattoos or piercings for a darn good reason - it isn't welcoming to most people.

I have had my tragus pierced with a hoop since I was 19 years old - got it done in New York by a dude that survived getting his throat cut, it has never been an issue because its just one odd piercing that isn't gaged nor does it bizarrely stick out. I would not pierce the hell out of my body ever - it doesn't appeal to me.

Britt likes this.
  10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The endorphin high is incredible if you achieve it. And I have a friend who keeps going back for more.

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

What? You'd rather see the "gooey pile of cellulite" instead of something shapely? :Poke:

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Imagine you order a meal from takeout. The pictures online and on the menu look AMAZING. The meal arrives in a nice package. Then, you open the box and it looks like it was cooked yesterday, left on the warming table for 24 hours, then stomped on before they packaged it up.

I'd much rather the picture on the menu looked the same as the way the food really showed up. It would save everyone involved a lot of heartache.

13. CausticYarn

You're in for a lot of heartache then. Most people look better with their clothes on.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're forgetting the model athlete perfect specimens the beeb studs attract in droves. :cool:

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Oh, believe me, I get that. But there should at least be some semblance of reality there.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

With nice feet!

17. CausticYarn

There isn't.
    Women wear, makeup, hair extensions, push-up bra's and shape wear. Just expect it - or pick a girl up at the beach instead of the gym. ;)

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....and beyond that we live in a far more delusion day and age now, and that's exactly what I'd call it, not more enlightened, not more "woke" or educated or cultured, but straight up delusional. In the 50's most women understood and appreciated the benefits of staying trim and fit and in good health.

Now we have this. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ained-since-the-1960s/?utm_term=.65c417ea6e26

And yes, I know that dudes on average are going in the same direction, that's a whole other story.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's not all fat though. Look at movies from the 70's and 80's and compare the "muscled up action hero" types to those of today. They were scrawny AF back then. It also compares us to Euros - who are usually freaking broke from ridiculous tax rates, high living expenses, etc, and can't afford the food and lifestyle we have here.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Can you explain this? First time I've ever heard of this.

If I watch t.v. these days, I either watch old westerns or TCM. Chuck Connors was a bad ass in Branded, but with his shirt off, he couldn't get a job today as a kid on iCarly. Different days.