1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tats...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, but there is still a huge difference between going back to stock after a crash and full on superbike.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's how you attract factory cash.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very true, just depends on your end goal.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I really don't care what someone else does. Your body, your choice. I choose no. I could have chosen a thousand other images as a contrast other than the screaming death head, but I don't equate a tat meant to more or less restore someone to a pre-cancer appearance to one you get by choice.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

My father once wisely pointed out

"If you choose to dress like a clown, don't be surprised if people laugh at you'

Banditracer likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But if some girls didn't like all those things the world would have fewer poison dart frogs.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

On a woman I don't mind a few smallish tats but when I see a hot girl all tatted up it's actually a turn off. It's like you're ruining what mother nature gave you.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think you can have your cake and eat it too. It’s simple. Spend money on nice tats, and get them where they can be easily covered in polite / professional company. I’m interested in getting one, but if I do I’m going to spend good money to get something nice.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I just put one of these on when I roll out on the Harley’s.
    F5A51C03-2CDC-4A42-BA6B-804887B661FE.jpeg

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Well my gf has most of what is mentioned. Granted a lot of it is directly due to surviving cancer.

She had both breasts removed and reconstructed with implants. The also has a full sleeve dedicated to her fight and is about to get her chest scars covered up with tattoos. Unfortunately tattoo nipples just aren't the same as real.

scottn likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Live and let live

Tats are pretty far down low on my personal moral standards list upon which i judge people, if i do at all.

TurboBlew, Steeltoe and crashman like this.
  14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

This made me think about my niece. She's 20 something and working in some fancy restaurant in NYC. She acquired the weirdest bunch of tats that I've ever seen. A coffee cup on one arm along with assorted food stuffs in other places. It was almost like she was trying to be a tat menu, except there were tribal hints here and there. It is sort of a collage of whatever popped in her head at the moment. Looks like different artists too. Makes me wonder about what's lurking in other regions.

But every time that I've seen her in the last two years, she's been buttoned up tight. I wonder if she now has buyer's remorse?

Phl218 likes this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This! People decorate themselves with clothing, jewellery, hair styles and tattoos to make themselves look how they want. The tattoos are just more permanent but IMO, part of the same desire to look a certain way.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Herd individuality.:D

crashman and TurboBlew like this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Unique conformity.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Again, tattoos are very individual things on most people. Getting one for the lulz is stupid which is why I will never understand a Stewie or Pickle Rick. For me its times that I remember as the best or messages I want to send myself. The airplane is inspirational, the calveras are about marriage, the flatirons about my move, etc.

Every morning I get a nice reminder of 3rd calls to the grid, fast fuel stops, camaraderie, and Shiners after a long endurance. That image means so much more to me than Roy Peck on a board track racer.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It still gives me chuckles when I recall that I found the totem that inspired my tat on the wall in the bathroom at a gay couples' house.

beac83 and Phl218 like this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive noticed alot of wimmens with full color sleeves these days. Is it coincidence they
    all happen to be exercising at a cross fit gym out on a busy State highway?
    I feel emasculated since I dont has no ink... is this normal? (asking for a friend) :D
    I also enjoy soy milk and tofu.