1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keto Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I eat like crap on the road a lot but it's still a choice, I can even eat healthy just shopping at truck stop convenience stores. Jerky, DMD, cashews, salads, etc... instead of chips and candy bars.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I can only imagine the stomach pains of living on iceburg lettuce, carrots, and peanut butter - not nearly enough calories or nutrients for a growing kid. But also, did you live in an urban area with no grocery store in a 10 mile radius, and no car? Did your parents feed you out of a box for your entire life so that is all you know? Did you grow up knowing how to make healthy food choices? Most of this lays within educating the masses - what they don't know, will continue to kill them. The average IQ in this country is 98... there is nothing you can say to most of these muppets to get them to understand that they shouldn't be gobbling 5 items from the dollar menu for every meal. It's cheap, its quick, and it's available right down the road - no stressing out about how to get there or how to pay for it.

My cart is filled to the brim with vegetables, fruits, and meats - and rarely a box of crackers, bag of rice, and a loaf of bread - I spend $200 a week to feed my girls healthy food because I know better. No poor person has that kind of income available, especially since the poverty line for a family of 4 is $25,100.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, got fed out of a box, yes lived more than walking distance to a full grocery store, however I didn't have my head up my ass growing up and knew there were other options.

I don't care if stupid people eat crap, that's their call. Just don't make it out to be someones fault other than theirs. The options are there. The choice is theirs.

You guys feed your dog cooked meals, you ain't normal on the best of days. I could easily feed a family of four healthy on less than 200 a week. Nothing wrong with spending more if you have it but it's not a necessity.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mongo is like 8'7"...maybe that's the way to become a Big Foot

5. CausticYarn

Eating like a rabbit!
    I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs - I would be hangry as fuck with a diet of lettuce and peanut butter. I already get people asking me if I've eaten when I am crabby.

"Sarah, you seem bitchy, do you need some meat???"

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell at that point not growing was a good thing, dropped from 250-270 and doughy to 220 and not much body fat - delivering appliance and furniture helped that a bunch too but I had no issues with energy or the like.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those were examples, not my entire diet, I'd have meat occasionally too (chicken, pork chops, a shark we caught), tuna was always a good go to for cheap as well. But at 6'4" and at that point 220-230 I had no issues with hunger or energy or the like. Granted that was more dinners, we'd hit restaurants for lunch but it was usually a local cafe type joint or the food counter in a gas station - deli type foods. Yeah I could have gotten fried chicken and mac and cheese and other fattening stuff but I chose better.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So just to add to the food cost thing... I just prepped 10 pounds of carrots to be blanched and then frozen this morning before coming to the office. I think they were 4.95 at Costco. I'll do the huge ass bag of celery as well when I get home. Mirepoix for months! :D

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They aren't talking about food.

badmoon692008 and Sabre699 like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

hey me 2...well almost. 5'8 and 132 was my lowest a few weeks ago. I hover around 134-136

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I read the first two....you kinda prove my point. Irregardless to what the future is bringing.

I did some quick math. Population of Spain bs number of fast food restaurants and same for US.
    Spain, one restaurant per 10,600 citizens.
    US? One restaurant per 1400!!! 7.5 times!!

To not even take into consideration the cultural differences. Is it changing? Yes, never refuted that...just look at England to see where they’re headed.

BigBird likes this.
  12. CausticYarn

NO!

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. CausticYarn

If I wanted THE meat, I wouldn't be bitchy :)

14. CausticYarn

Doggo was rehomed a while ago because the blond child is allergic to dogs. :(

You don't live in Minnesota, food is expensive up here :)

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Did you consider keeping the dog and rehoming the kid ? :D

16. CausticYarn

No, my children came out of me, they stay no matter how much of a pain in the ass they are.
    But we did make sure he had a good place to go instead of abandoning him on the side of the road or putting him down, which is more than a lot of people do.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, doodles usually don't cause problems. Go full poodle if you want to try again. Standards are pretty kick ass.

18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying lazy Keto for the last week and I already notice less mental fogginess and crashing. I didn’t plan on doing this much longer than 2-3 months but I’m already sadly starting to think I need to keep an eye on how many carbs I eat long term.

BigBird likes this.
  20. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

I started Keto last year and lost about 25-30 lbs before relaxing the diet a bit and just maintaining my current weight. I thought the whole thing was nuts but a buddy did it and lost a bunch of weight so I tried it. As a result of watching carbs, I never have french fries but I've adopted pork rinds as my potato chips, zucchini spirals for my pasta noodles, and cauliflower crust for my pizzas. I just came back from a cruise with my son and I cheated(lots of alcohol and ice cream) for entire week and gained some weight but already lost half of that again. My blood pressure is down and cholesterol is down too. I really didn't think this would work, but it's really easy to maintain. You find a few low-carb friendly options to substitute for your favorites - then everything gets easier.

Beast81 and BigBird like this.