1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who in the f*ck are these STG guys?

Discussion in 'Sportbike Track Gear' started by Sportbike Track Gear, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

The winds of change have blown in a new Wera Sponsor for 2019 and beyond!

A little about STG:

Before I dive in let me say this is something I have wanted to be a part of for a long time now and I am excited to be here. The Wera BBS played a big role for STG when I was trying to get her off the ground 12+ years ago and it feels damn good to be back now. All of us here at STG are committed to offering the Wera Racers a level of support and professionalism that will exceed your expectations and help you get the most value for every dollar you spend.

In 2019 STG will be racing Wera with you. My 13 year old Son Max will grid up for the first time with Wera, with me returning after spending 8 years away. We also have a couple staffers here that are considering taking the leap into racing with Wera as well. I have spent the last several seasons riding with my friends over at Sportbike Track Time on the various project bikes myself until late in 2017 when Max did his first day with STT at Grattan (Thank You to Richard and the STT Family). After his first lap it was clear he was hooked and the two of us rode 15 days with STT in 2018 with Max earning his Wera race license at Grattan in June of 2018 with STT.

The 2018 riding season was the most enjoyable I have had thus far and I look forward to all those that follow. It is a blessing to spend time with him doing something we both love. It is also nice watching him work his ass off to earn the time on the bike. Max and I plan to race both of the Grattan rounds as well as both of the Barber rounds in 2019, we look forward to seeing all of you out there. When the racing is done come on over for a cold, crisp Corona on me. - Brian Van Owner STG

Wera Racer Support Program:
    To make getting on track a little easier we have put together a Wera Support / Sponsorship Program for you all. If you are interested in participating please shoot us a PM here on the forum or send an email to [email protected] so we will get you all dialed in. Out of respect for multiple agreements with our industry business partners we are unable to openly post the details of our Wera Support Program openly on the forum.

Jimmy Fox and myself will respond to all of the Wera PM's and emails lightning fast Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm EST. If you send requests over off hours we will get back to you ASAP, off hours response times will vary. We look forward to working with you all for the 2019 season and beyond, your support is appreciated!

Contact Info:
    address: 56844 Mound Road, Shelby MI 48316
    email address: [email protected]
    phone: 888.784.4327 ext # 205 (Jimmy Fox)

[​IMG]

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

We need to do another Boil Brian!! Hope to see you again this year.... Let the Party commence... I cant believe Max is riding... Seems like yesterday he was 7 Years old.... This is Perrone BTW...

Sportbike Track Gear likes this.
  3. Sportbike Track Gear

We are 100% in on the Boil man, just let me know what we need to bring. I rode like shit all year but had so much fun with him at the track. Really looking forward to getting back out there in 2019.

4. Beast81

Beast81 Active Member

THIS NEWS JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!:flag::beer:

5. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

great to see you guy's here been a blast riding with you and max all season. see you in the spring

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about endurance racing? Love to see you guys at PIRC...it's not that far from Mi.

7. Sportbike Track Gear

Max and I are both excited for the upcoming season for sure. His enthusiasm for riding has renewed mine, so much fun having him there and doing this together. See you in the spring!

8. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

STG has supported my racing efforts for the last few years, before my 3MR team came about - If it's not feasible to put together a full STG team, I'm I'm sure we can make something happen on the 3 Marines Racing endurance team. ;)

10. Sportbike Track Gear

At this point anything is possible, really comes down to the schedule and how that balances with the rest of the Van Clan. There is an endurance round at Barber in October Max and I are hoping to ride together in currently. We already have that round on the schedule. I have not been to Beaverun is years, would love to come back and check out the new track at some point.

11. Hope to see you guys at Grattan at some point!

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! Hope you all do well. I think the wife and I might try and make a couple this year just as spectators though. I’ve always wanted to road race.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The "beav" is a thing of the past...The new Pitt Race complex is twice as big and 10X nicer. In fact, Pitt Race is now a top tier race track in the whole nation. Well worth the trip if at all possible.

14. Great! Reminds me I need to order a new set of Racer golves!!

15. 021torch

021torch Well-Known Member

I have been there and done this with my son and was some of the best times of my life.

16. TwiztedRabbit

TwiztedRabbit Well-Known Member

Brian! great to have you all aboard!!! i'll be buggin you all soon, the STT and WERA season is rapidly approaching and I need stuffs

17. Sportbike Track Gear

Make sure to come on over and say hi when you do. Love that track man, so many laps have been taken and memories made there for me over the years. The best one was seeing the smile on Max's face when he came in after doing his first session with Sportbike Track Time in their Novice group in 2017.

18. Sportbike Track Gear

Great brand for sure, love how they feel right out of the box.

Mack Ashabranner likes this.
  19. Sportbike Track Gear

We are happy to be here for sure. Just shoot us a PM when you need something and we will get you all dialed in.

20. Sportbike Track Gear

I have been blessed with more great days spent at the track than I can count, the best of them are the ones I have spent with Max. Not sure about you but I have never been as nervous as I was the first several days he rode. He was 11 (almost 12) when we started late in 2017 at Grattan.

K51000 likes this.