1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Cool I'll check it out. A carry gun is about 3rd on my list right now but that Glock made me go hmm.

I prefer the 1911 trigger but I am not really a pistol shooter and sold all of mine. I am looking for a rail Kimber/sig/whatever 1911 in the 800-1200 range. I figure I need at least one pistol and I do like shooting the 1911's from time to time. Not planning on carrying it though.

I want "need" a new Swarovski for my little Merkel stalking rifle which is on the top of my list of wants right now. Always like to try and get something with the single shot every year.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yup, and as long as there's not an exit hole...they reportedly work as intended by keeping your solvent/patch mess to a minimum.

3. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I have a Swarovski 1-6 power if your interested....

It’s a 3 gun optic but I have 2 of them and don’t need a spare anymore. PM me if your interested.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Those are pretty cool and could work on the Merkel but I'm probably just going to get another z3 4-12x50.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Curious, is that a standard duty gun (agency wide) or does your agency allow a choice of duty weapons?

6. wsmc 589

Our agency allows the glock, the tactical team issues the SA. We are in transition to the new STI HOST in 9mm. Each guy will get one with a delta point pro and another one that’s more suited for concealed carry. Smaller magwell and iron sights only.

speedluvn likes this.
  7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

And been hearing things that the ATF considers each supressor part as a supressor also. Wanted to f1 a .22 suppressor, but since theres no real clarification on converting a solvent trap into a suppressor, I've held off.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Your agency likes spending money! :eek:

MachineR1 likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I guess you gotta ask yourself how much of a stretch the Feds would take to call a "muzzle thread to oil filter" adaptor a suppressor part. No exit hole in the filter, it's a catch can.
    Personally, I like to see what's coming out of the barrels when I clean 'em, and I don't trust the Feds to not make a stretch too far - don't wanna end up in Gitmo. :crackup:

I do like the idea of the filters for scrubbing brush use, tho'. That part of it makes complete sense and think it was the whole idea to begin with. I would even go so far as to pour solvent into the filter so the brush gets a bath on each stroke.
    Now who wants to make a cap for the filter can? :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  10. wsmc 589

Well the STI’s are significantly cheaper then the Springfield Armory custom 1911 they are replacing.

So my twisted logic would be that my agency is actually saving money LOL…

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I was reading the testing results posted by your agency on STI's website. Looks like a fun gun! Can even swap the grip module for a VIP one in a pinch since they are modular.

12. wsmc 589

We have not given a testimonial to STI, however I would agree with Long Beach’s SWAT assessment.

It definitely is a fun gun! A high capacity, single action pistol is hard to beat. Combine that with a RDS and It gets really fun!

shakazulu12 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Be very careful about trying and using a that "solvent trap" crap. It's a a very slippery slope in the eyes of the ATF and some local police orgs.

Just throwing that out there.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So ummm........where those Pro's going.... :D

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I dont understand peoples desire to play chicken with the ATF. Is a $10 half assed "suppressor" really worth the chance of federal ass rape prison?

16. wsmc 589

Haha!!

Well. About 50 of them need to be refurbished. So they are headed to SA custom shop. They will then be used to transition the new guys to a single action platform before they are issued a STI.

So short story long... they are staying in the vault lol...

17. wsmc 589

Agreed. If it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck.....

DucatiBomber likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Someone made that mistake. If I recall correctly, it was about a year ago.

19. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I own a 365 with the 12 round extended mag. Shoots very well and is so small it conceals very easily with an IWB holster, even with the extended mag. It is my EDC and will be for the foreseeable future. Great firearm.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  20. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

FYI, I contacted my local FFL wondering when my Silencer Co. Omega K would be in and it's not being shipped at all until the shutdown ends. The NFA Division of the ATF is closed until the government gets back up and running.

DucatiBomber likes this.