1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Plastic bottles sort of work, but not well. Pillows, mufflers, and a few other household type things sort of work also.

Potatoes do NOT work (see youtube thread).

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Sent PM. But yeah, I think we are doomed at this point. Oh well. I like 1911's.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

Without getting too dungeon-y, Texas seems to be slowly turning that way, too. I’m going to get everything on my short nfa list bought in the next few years so I can call that part of my collection done. Would love to get a pre-86 h&k fully transferable sear with the fun switch, but I’m not sure I want to take that much money from my other hobbies, even though that, or a drop in auto sear, seems to be a very solid investment these days. That said, over the next couple of years I plan on picking up a:

Benelli M4 11724
    KAC SR-15 E3 CQB MOD 2
    Noveske N6 Leonidas 12.5” 7.62
    LMT 40mm DD
    Q Thunder Chicken
    Q El Camino

I’ll pretty much be done at that point for my NFA wants unless LMT comes out with some other cool integrally suppressed stuff. Nevertheless, these things take precedence over everything else as the future is uncertain.

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Can’t beat LE/first responder pricing either. I should have bought a 17 before i quit.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

without going back thru the threads.. what's the consensus on the CZ P10 series? Mainly considering them as an ambi pistol (i'm a lefty for pistols) and the suppressor ready setup (threaded and high sights).

while we are on it, I"m not a huge fan of 1911 models, but might be able to swing a deal on a Dan Wesson. Something like a Vigil in 45 with a Dead Air Ghost M attached? Wraith in 10mm? Discretion Commander versions?

My main auto pistols these days are a G22 w/ 9mm threaded barrel option and an FNX 45 tactical. Just looking at some other options if I can find the right deal.

7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Walther PPQ navy 9mm or caliber of your choice, M1 peddle mag release or M2 button mag release. Fantastic trigger...!?

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I have the current gen CZ P10c in flat dark earth which came with factory night sights and is truly ambidextrous full time. They've just released an updated version which makes the mag release reversible but not ambi full time. Too many people complained about the current version's difficulty in depressing the button when dropping the mag. This typically only occurrs when the gun is new but mine along with everyone else who shoots it alot breaks in easily. Most people who shoot however, didn't have the patience for it so they went to a more conventional reversible set-up. Ergos are probably the best with the ppq although the factory stippling is very aggressive. Trigger is also ppq good and the gun costs less.

9. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Not Navy model but you can't beat the quality of the gun you are getting for the price! Screenshot_20181230-164834_Gmail-810x1665-324x666.jpg

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Quick Q. Are the aftermarket barrels for glocks (thinking of getting a 9mm barrel for my g22) rifled traditionally or with the same polygonal rifling as factory?

11. shakazulu12

Usually traditional. There used to be a lot of people who swapped them just so they could reload lead cast bullets with fewer consequences.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did you see the new Mossberg pistol?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah, not a bad looking little gun!

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I heard that it takes G43 mags as well.

15. shakazulu12

Not really seeing anything that makes it stand out among all the other sub-compact nines out there these days. You can buy Gen 1 Shields for 250 bucks right now, the G43 is already established and the P365 is the same size with more capacity.

16. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Oil filter with either an AK or AR thread adapter. Works well.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’ve seen those. What do they sell them as, “cleaning solvent catchers”?

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Yes, solvent traps.
    You can find a variety of 'options' if you search for solvent trap, or maglite solvent trap or blah blah blah

https://solventtrapsdirect.com/
    Buy the trap, buy the cones, add a drill press, and you've got a quiet federal felony.
    Conviction wins you a minimum of $10K fine or up to 10 years in federal prison. LINK

One of the funnier ones (to me) is the NAPA 4003/WIX solvent trap.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm interested in seeing the Glock 43x. Couple more rounds sounds interesting. I was looking at the 43 but going to wait now and check em side by side in the RL. Would look at the sig 365 but for whatever reason, I'm not huge fan of sig even though I had the 320 for awhile and it shot fine. Glocks and 1911's work for my untrained shooting habits.

20. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Few of my buddies sold their 43’s to get the 365. I own a 43, dry fired the 365. It’s trigger is significantly better than the glocks.

FWIW, my duty gun is a Springfield Pro Rail and I compete with a STI. So I’m a huge single action fan. That Sig is impressive.

Steak Travis likes this.