1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here ya go

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So you think it's easier dealing with federal government than a state or local jurisdiction? Have you observed it being easier to deal with federal issues vs state or local. It seems like the bigger an organization you're dealing with the more difficult things become.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

CCS... WERA.... MotoAmerica.... FIM.
    You have been using CCS & WERA , MA examples for an argument about FIM... that's what I am saying.

3. Newsshooter

Couldn't be any worse than trying building tunnels to carry water south through the delta in California.

So you just accepted what they offered for the cost of the easement on the ground? Is it above ground or below? If you had a 1000 rectangle of soybeans and they put a wall through the middle of it, you could lose quite a few acres of production, 25-30 or more for a 60 foot easement, how long do you calculate loss of production, cost of changes to irrigation, movement of equipment, ripping of compacted soil from the construction process? Will you have to drive equipment a long ways to go through a gate such as you would for a wall. Do you have a pass code you have to use to access your property? You would also have to notify homeland security about anyone you give that pass code too like this farmer near brownsville?

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/living-with-the-border-fence/

It seems like he's able to grow a bit more, cotton, soybean, wheat, cabbage, corn, sorghum and sugarcane, and oranges, than you stated above, on that hard pan rock soil.

4. Newsshooter

So, you have anything to prove I'm wrong, do you think it's easier or harder to deal with Mongo or Jorge Viegas?

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I just think you dislike the Tire rules and electronic package that Viegas wants implemented, even though it will be good for the sport overall, basically because you dislike him.

(You must have missed the disagreement Mongo and I had over DBW's)
    :)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And that is why eminent domain is in the constitution. Not for higher tax revenue as the SC recently ruled but for public works like fortifying our border that is being invaded. Sucks just as it would if your house gets nuked for an interstate but a legitimate use of the power granted in the founding documents.

7. Newsshooter

Except like many other things, if you have money you don't necessarily have to deal with it, historically things like interstates nuked the poor side of town. Also the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution places an important limitation on the power of eminent domain. The Fifth Amendment says, in part: “…nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.” The more you can afford to fight, the more compensation you're likely to get as well. Thus it's usually those who can't afford to fight it end up losing their property.

8. Newsshooter

I think you've been breathing too much argon.

Britt likes this.
  9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Maybe, but you know I'm right...oxygen deprivation or not.

10. sheepofblue

And NOTHING in your argument makes the wall a bad idea. You are arguing process not substance. If the process/system is flawed or bad lets improve it, kind of like our porous border where Trump is providing solutions while the Democrats and progressive Republicans are arguing for a continuation or increase in the failure.

11. Newsshooter

Except for the 20 billion dollar cost, how many more border patrol officers could be hired and new technology developed for that cost? Hell for that much money we ought to be able to buy Guatemala, then they could produce chevy's and ford's in the U.S. :) Wall or not if someone wants to cross in the middle of nowhere a wall isn't going to do diddly, as a makeshift ladder defeats it no problem. Concentrating officers in areas where they're likely to cross would be more effective and a better deterrent IMO. More officers and the associated staff that goes with that also becomes a driver for the economy in the area for a long time.

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Let’s do more of the same and expect a different result. Sounds like a solid plan.

jrsamples likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Walls work. History shows us this. To think otherwise is silly.

Make sure to leave all of your doors and Windows wide open tonight because of your conviction.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Someone needs to inform the folks running the prisons that walls don't work.
    They waste an awful lot of money on walls.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I love the ladder thing. That has to be the dumbest comeback to a wall, ever. Ever. That shows that the person writing that hasn’t thought a damn thing through, they’re just repeating what good ol’ liberal media tells them to.

kevinr likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

But those guards only catch those in the country then release them. As to technology only (not as part of a wall) that was promised and tried under President Bush 2. Epic waste of money, I know people that 'worked' on it.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's that popcorn that people give you for Christmas and it's already months old when you open it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm betting local and state - in Cali....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20 billion now? FWIW I think it would be better spent on concrete than more government overhead in any gov entity. Hell, half would go for studies on how best to spend the other half.

crashman and Britt like this.