1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forks for new project

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Jan 4, 2019.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I just bought a mostly stock rz350 by following a lead from here. Thanks 90kacoupe.

I plan on keeping the frame but upgrading the suspension. I'll likely put a newer complete front end on it including triple clamps, forks, wheel and brakes all bought together.

The forks should not be upside-down. I want to make the bike as light as possible without spending big bucks. I do not think I should go with 600 forks because of weight. I can't find used tzr250 forks. Are there light weight forks I should consider like little ninja stuff? Suggestions are appreciated.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that TZ forks are that much lighter than modern 600 ones. I bought a set from somebody here with everything needed for the front end for $400...04 R6. I think they'll work out fine.

[​IMG]

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

My bike has the 99 R6 front end and it seems to be a very common swap. I'm sure its not the best front end for it. but it is nice how easy parts are to sort and it has great brakes and easy to get wheels already.

The FZ600 swing arm is the common swap for the rear.

5. rd400racer

By the way, I've got a couple of swingarms for the RZ if anyone is interested. I think one is an FZ and other FZR.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I was planning to do the TZR and swingarm swap on mine before i sold it. As mentioned the early R6 is pretty common as well.

In fact i still have an earlier R6 penske shock that is common for this swap. If your interested i can dig it out and some some info.

7. 90kacoupe

If he is not.. I am. I need one for my bike.

Do you have a set of dogbones for the FZ swingarm?

8. rd400racer

I think I do. When I get home I'll inventory the stuff I have and get back with you.

9. 90kacoupe

Thanks let me know. If you put your hands on them, can you measure the length of them center to center?

10. rd400racer

Sorry, no dogbones. Just bare swing arms.

11. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thanks for the options guys.