1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here ya go

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There are landowners in Texas who had walls built on their land 10 years ago and still haven't been compensated. I didn't say they would stop it from being built, but that they didn't want it built. That it could or would cause their property to be taken by eminent domain without adequate compensation. You're the one that stated it wasn't happening. Want to try again?

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

10 years ago? Why did Mr Obama stiff them?

3. Newsshooter

Because they took the property and built the wall before an agreement was in place for compensation.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Do you expect the Trump admin to behave in the same criminal manner?

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not quite. You are now moving your original target. You have presented it as why the wall can’t or will not be built because of a few land owners, which is not the case.

As far as adequate compensation when imminent domaine is used, Of course the property owners are going to bitch that they wanted more money. The reality is, they are compensated with above average land values. The Gov. certainly isn’t stealing their land like you are trying to make it sound.

Why even bother bringing any of this non relevant crap up if not for the reason to say the wall will never be built because of it. It’s a non issue.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

It is sad that the ones opposing the wall with the stance of "It isn't fair to take someone's land!" fully supports taking away bump stocks and ultimately the guns.

I guess certain property helps certain agendas

badmoon692008 and crashman like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or the government has been and is more than willing to offer more than fair compensation but the land owners are refusing because they want more money above and beyond a fair price. The only reason any land owner hasn’t been compensated is because the land owner is refusing to be compensated and looking for more money above the established averages. This certainly isn’t the governments fault.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps Bush, Obama, Trump weren't their POTUS.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For those that think a wall wont work...you know why the illegals are now walking across the border way out in the deserts and mountain areas? Because we have building walls and fences along the cities, towns and flat areas for years. I had several friends in the National Guard back in the 90's who worked full time for the guard, building these walls from their base in Campo, east of San Diego. Now that we have a physical barrier, patrolled by agents (and electronic sensors) in these easy to use and built up areas, they have to go out into the harder to access areas. Areas that are more dangerous to cross. If we wall these areas off and sensor/patrol them we wont have a major issue with HORDES of people crossing.

If your neighbors dog, kids, etc wont stay off your property what do you do? Put of a barrier, fence, shrubs, etc. Well the US needs to do this as well.

David-imoddavid and sheepofblue like this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That is exactly what the government is doing.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Land ownership is an illusion....

Britt likes this.
  12. Newsshooter

You got anything to back that up? I've covered quite a few eminent domain stories, they have all started out with offers of at most the cost of the land, much less any costs of loss of income, access, or moving to a different location.

13. Newsshooter

Yes, they've already started doing the same thing.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ain’t nobody growing anything on that border ground and no one is being relocated. Access to what, mucky river bottom or hard pan rock “soil”.

Dude, you want to witness an eminent domain uproar try building a oil pipe line down the middle of Iowa Farmground.

Oil just started flowing.:D

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Local, State, Or Federal??

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was thinking burn his house down, do his wife and feed his kids to his dog.....but then your plan does seem OK also.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:If you wanted to advance a narrative you gotta admit that calling it "valuable ancestral farmland" will influence some of the unwashed masses. I am just glad that some of them found something more original to say than "orange man bad...":D

G 97 likes this.
  18. Newsshooter

Local and State

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yet what we are discussing here is Federal...odd is it not?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

From Trump's Instagram page 4 hours ago, I guess he's a Game of Thrones fan? :D

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.05.54 PM.png