1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Taxes Went Down!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 1, 2018.

1. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

The Politicians, who are told what to think by the Lobbyists

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well hell's bells, that makes it OK.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Looking at my last pay stub of 2018 right now and the total taxes i paid vs my total gross income was 22.953%. Not sure what that means other than someone else has 23% of the money i made last year.

edit: Funny thing is my health ins pay check deductions total was within $300 of what i paid in taxes. I know i have good insurance but that still seems kind of steep.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

BigBird likes this.
  7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

With our tax dollars of course...increase the percentage so they can be in better a position!! Your fair share is when they have it all. :rolleyes:

8. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

But the rate continued into the 1970's, never dipping below 70%...

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So the 94% rate continued in to the 1970's never dipping below 70%.

I don't understand.

10. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

I meant the "high rate" as referenced in the link: Over the next three decades, the top federal income tax rate remained high, never dipping below 70 percent.

Basically, if you made $199,000 and your neighbor made $600,000 at that time, your take home income difference based on 30% for the first $200k and 94% for the amount above $200k would be an astounding $18,060.