1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoarding solution

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jan 3, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Books and magazines (particularly professional journals) are the hardest things for me to dispose of other than things that are family memories.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My plan for the in-laws home and barn when the time comes is large bucket loader....deep hole...push....replace dirt....I ain't sorting through any of that shit.

pfhenry likes this.
  3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Don't rush into anything.

You might find a '63 Split Window Coupe or a '52 Black Lightning in there. :Poke:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My dad did something like this with my mom's real father's belongings. Turns out the old man used to hide cash in his mattress - lots of it. They'd hauled it all to the dump before they found out. They went back to search but never found the mattress.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I've already told my wife, when her parents are gone....she gets a month to mourn, then she has one hour to go through the house and take out what she wants. At 1 hour and 1 second, the first molotov cocktail will be thrown at the house. Good lord, the inlaws place is a dumpster fire!

6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

apparently this is richard pettys way of "storing old race motors" so when i wake none of the other kids can have them lol

7. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if some of this is depression era fallout. My dad's parent's kept everything down to bits of string and rubber bands.
    I swear there were jars in their refrigerator from the 1940's when they moved out of their house. I hated not knowing if the tub of butter was really butter or 45 week old hot-dish.

8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

we have full size coolers full of odd tool shed general handyman shit from my grandpa... i threw away half of it when we moved the grandparents place out...

kept all the shit they dont make quite the same no moe.

valve stems, odd triangle shaped sticks of wood, pill bottles full of bolts... and yes a bunch of single wrapped cords of various twine

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

hot-dish???

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I can never understand hoarding. I have a single box in my closet that holds all of my memories. From growing up, to Army stuff to my Fathers belongings. The only thing I am weird about is my boxes for electronics and such. I have every OEM box for every piece of electronics I own with the exception of TV boxes. Printer, monitors, sim equipment, computer parts, all of it.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

CY, true but it's also a dude thing and since you're a chick, you don't get it. :D

If you NEED a cordless drill it's better to get a second. Ya' know, in case the first one dies. Why do you then need a third? Because three is better than two. :D Same does for almost anything in the dude world. Golf clubs, semi auto 12 gauge shotguns, motorcycles, spare carburetors from '65 mustangs, back issues of RRW from 1994. . . :D

pfhenry likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

My MIL is a hoarder of small glass trinkets, shitty old albums (like elvis, tom jones, barry manilow... sorry Dits), candy, old VHS tapes and an entire basement full of Ohio State memorabilia. I told my wife that i will help do maintenance on the house, her car, drive her places when she is too and even carry her casket but under no circumstances will i touch anything in that house when she is gone. None of it is coming back to my house. None.

If you really need to make some shit disappear call these folks.............

https://www.ebth.com/

They will come photo, identify and sell every single thing in a house for you.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My parent's house is a mess, it's hard to walk sometimes in there. My freaking mom won't throw out anything. It's been the subject of numerous arguments. They've been in that house since I was born and my mom lost her shit when my brother and I moved out. She kept everything, from our old pink 80's OP shirts to all of our toys. Plus their own shit. It's very hard to deal with.

pfhenry likes this.
  14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yeah - have you never eaten tater-tot hotdish?!

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nope never heard of this, got a recipe? I am intrigued.

16. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

This thread makes me feel better about my studio apartment that is slowly running out of room for me to live in

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

nope

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I once went in a bar for lunch in Brookings, SD and their lunch special was some kinda tater tot casserole mutation. Is that what you're getting at?

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Theres a BBQ place around Calhoun, GA that will serve you about 3lbs of tots, covered in cheses and ~2lbs of pulled pork. Its glorious. Absolutely glorious.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think she's referring to funeral potatoes with a trailer park flair.

ToofPic likes this.