1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoarding solution

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jan 3, 2019.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

operation 2019 has begun(trash day)

I told my mom everytime we bring the cans to the street, i'm filling the rest with shit from the attic/basement/ no limits.. I might be able to walk around by 2020 lol

the cardboard boxes and cabinets full of my grandfathers old office papers is a harder treatment(fire pit)

todays victim was a barbie doll house crusty AF

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

you do realize there are Barbie doll collectors? My buddy's mom collected Barbies and he sells some of them for like 10x or more than their purchase price.

3. pfhenry

the level of mold /fucked up was beyond something i'd sell on ebay(enough of that shit too)

BigBird likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm a recovering hoarder. Hauled away 5 or 8 blowed up FZR1000 motors that were usable only for scrap, sold off a ton of MG and Alfa parts that were good for holding down tarp edges, an MG tractor engine that no one could get parts for, even found an MG BGT that I forgot I owned when cleaning out the barns and that was just the start, That was years ago and I never looked back.

Unless of course you see the years worth of American Roadracing, the RRWs, the lacrosse sticks, the thousands of CDs, the. . . but it's all under control and it's not hoarding. :D

K51000, joec and Cannoli like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It isn't hoarding if you need it.

TurboBlew, pscook, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  6. pfhenry

A mans spare bolt tray, table, chest size is not to be questioned at all...

we are talking moldy tax documents from 1980s in the basement(encroaching on my open concept work area) boxes upon boxes in attic, file cabinets in her bedroom, boxes in every room.

If there were a scale of hoarding i'd say she a solid 5/10 ..the grandparents move out last year didnt help.

storage units too(all worth $ sell some shit... i dont get paying for lockers full of carpets and furniture)

I'm helping with her ebay account also trying to inspire confidence to sell on her own without my input.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Agreed. My "spare bolt tray" is 24x32'

adrenalist and Phl218 like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I feel your pain. I ended up with my brother's stuff and my parents stuff. Sometimes I just don't feel like sorting through the memories. I am getting less sentimental as time passes.

adrenalist and speedluvn like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

fire

condon66 likes this.
  10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I don’t have the hoarding gene but I do like cleaning and organizing. The new Marie Kondo show on Netflix is pretty interesting. I’ve seen the first couple of episodes. It might be inspiring to watch for someone working on organizing/sorting their home.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So wait, the OP lives with his mom? That's what I read anyway.

MA! THE MEATLOAF!!!

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I assumed that before this thread

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If anyone asks, those are placed randomly throughout the house so you have a strategically placed step stool when needed. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, the coolers are there for that. :D Yeti coolers kick major ass for that.

We need a bigger house in order to store all ma' treasures. :crackup:

15. pfhenry

lol some women don't take losing a husband well with a 9(me) and 12 yr old... my mom is one of those

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

DO NOT build a barn! You'll become the defacto family storage bin. I've been downsizing (correct sizing in my opinion) for 2 years. Another decade and I might be there.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You're 9?

K51000 likes this.
  18. pfhenry

i do realize my PEMDAS interpretation of the english language is not usual but no i am not 9... thats when my father died at 45 heart attack.

condon66 likes this.
  19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Just rattling your chain:D

20. I feel your pain. When my parents split up, my mother started keeping everything. When she got cancer and was hospitalized, my brothers and I rented a roll-off dumpster to clean out her condo. Took us three days to clean 1600 sf. She had stacks of professional journals going back 25 years; said that she was sure she would read them all one day.